Funky vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Feels like the tc shudder my Ford had but it only does it while turning at low speeds... Definitely worse in reverse. Brakes? I've had the diff. cover off and everything looked okay...

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Im guessing its a 2wd, I don't know how the front end is set up, but you should grab your steering link (that bar that the idler and pitman arm attach to and shake it hard. On my lifted truck these castle nuts that hold the link on will start to back out and I get the same thing going on. I would suggest jacking the front up and start doing a shake down on the front and find whats loose.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Im guessing its a 2wd, I don't know how the front end is set up, but you should grab your steering link (that bar that the idler and pitman arm attach to and shake it hard. On my lifted truck these castle nuts that hold the link on will start to back out and I get the same thing going on. I would suggest jacking the front up and start doing a shake down on the front and find whats loose.

Your castle nut should not back off, there is a hole in the pitman/idler arm ends for a cotter pin to slide through, to retain that castle nut in place. If yours are backing off, I suggest a cotter pin :)