full rendering??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
sorry to post this again but i need someone to do a full rendering of my truck i have 2 ideas and cant pick wich one i want in my head lol so maybe i can see it an get me going on one or the other..

ive hit up corey on FB a few days ago an i guess he is busy.. i want something like he does.. i just need the outside of the truck not the inside or anything.. i will PM details or if your on my FB message me on there.. thanks..

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Let me know what you're wanting. I actually don't know how to do a full render. Hey MeanGreen, maybe you could do a write-up about that.

However, maybe I could chop your truck well enough to give you some ideas. Let me know what you're wanting and send me some hi-res pics, and I'll see what I can do.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Remember, complete renders take quite a bit of time. If we can help by photoshopping a photo or something, that would be faster.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let me know what you're wanting. I actually don't know how to do a full render. Hey MeanGreen, maybe you could do a write-up about that.

I could try and do a write up, but I don't know how good it would end up being. its kind of hard to explain every step of a render. Its sort of like using a ton of different techniques that aren't necessarily used in a regular photochop. I generally end up with 8-12 hours in a render, everything is done by hand and you start with a blank canvas so it takes a lot of time.

A good first step is learning how to "toon" a car, I don't know of any good tutorials for renders. I just figured it out on my own and honed my skills in with practice. Be prepared to work with 40+ layers, and a lot of very small detail work with different brushes!

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
^ Exactly why I said we might be better off doing some photoshops of your truck in its current state, stroker52. lol

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^ Exactly why I said we might be better off doing some photoshops of your truck in its current state, stroker52. lol

Yes, for now you'd be best off just posting some good high res pictures and state what you all want done. Then one of us can chop you a picture to give you an idea of what it'll look like!

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Full renders are a completely different animal then doing a toon. When you do a full render you almost NEED a graphics tab and it's almost exactly like you would paint a picture on a regular piece of paper using real paint.

It takes much more artistic knowledge and drawing capability then the normal photoshop stuff does. I've been doing CGI for almost 5 years now and I've been playing with a graphics tablet for almost two and my attempts at full renders are hideous.

You would be hard pressed to find someone who can do a full render that looks good that doesn't do them for a living, and expecting them to spend that much time and effort for free is an insult to their work.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Full renders are a completely different animal then doing a toon. When you do a full render you almost NEED a graphics tab and it's almost exactly like you would paint a picture on a regular piece of paper using real paint.

It takes much more artistic knowledge and drawing capability then the normal photoshop stuff does. I've been doing CGI for almost 5 years now and I've been playing with a graphics tablet for almost two and my attempts at full renders are hideous.

You would be hard pressed to find someone who can do a full render that looks good that doesn't do them for a living, and expecting them to spend that much time and effort for free is an insult to their work.

Yes they are absolutely different the tooning. I simply said that learning how to toon is a good place to start so that you can understand the fundamentals of what a render is. I do renders in CS5, they arent absolutely PERFECT but there not at all bad either.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes they are absolutely different the tooning. I simply said that learning how to toon is a good place to start so that you can understand the fundamentals of what a render is. I do renders in CS5, they arent absolutely PERFECT but there not at all bad either.

I wasn't disagreeing with you at all Baron. My post was directed to the OP. I just didn't think he had an understanding of what it actually takes to do a full render

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-