fuel sloshing solutions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everybody, it's been a while since I've been on here. I've got a 1990 RCSB, with a 5.3/4L65E swap. The problem I'm having (and this happened even before the swap), is that if I'm a little above a quarter tank or lower, and i accelerate hard, the engine bogs down. Now, i know it's because the fuel is going to the back of the tank, and the pump is sucking air. My question is, has anybody found a remedy to this? Adding baffles, or using a 98 sending unit/hanger assembly? I'm getting ready to throw a vortech supercharger on, and will be replacing the acdelco ep381 with an aeromotive stealth 340. Since I'm going to have the bed off, and the tank open already, is there anything i can do to fix this? Because I'm sure it's going to get worse once the supercharger, bigger injectors, and higher pressured fuel pump is installed. I've seen threads on fitting walbro 255's in the 98 sender/hanger, but what about putting a 98 hanger in an older styled tank? All input is hugely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shaun

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only real fix is a fuel cell... but.. I did just changed a fuel pump on a mid 90's(can not rememver exact year)c2500 with a 5.7 in it at work the other day. There is a baffle type chamber in the tank right where the pump strainer and gauge float sit to kinda help a bit with it.. I do not know if the tanks are interchangeable to your year model though...

sent from what use to be a great country...

Shaun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply bud. I was hoping someone would chime in with some sort of fix. I remember seeing a thread about some one retrofitting the 98+ fuel pump hanger/sending unit into an older style pick up, for exactly the problem I'm trying to solve (fuel pump sucking air on hard acceleration). For the life of me, i can't figure out where I've seen that post. FML