fuel pump???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah def cheaper with the pump.
I will do that.
And about taking the bed off, that's the way I wanted to do it, but everybody looked at me like "why would you want to do that?"
But it seemed easier to me too.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replaced my Delphi fuel pump I replaced my fuel pump relay as well. Mine did as yours did I nearly had mine towed home because it shut off well I waited a bit and it started up again I even got under my truck and banged my tank sometimes that works been running like a charm since I replaced it.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replaced my Delphi fuel pump I replaced my fuel pump relay as well. Mine did as yours did I nearly had mine towed home because it shut off well I waited a bit and it started up again I even got under my truck and banged my tank sometimes that works been running like a charm since I replaced it.

Thanks man.
Waiting for some money to come in.
The weird part about is that it runs great majority of the time, until it dies on me on the freeway.
But I'm gonna replace the filter and the relay.
Anything else I should do while in there?
Thanks for the tips guys.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya most people think why pull the bed off.... hell the bed is only what 6-8bolts and it comes out.
and if your friends wont help and you can get a engine hoist and some tie down hooks for trailers and put them all around bed to hold and you can just use some ropes or tie down straps and hoist the bed off. i had mine on the side bed rails which it did hold but slightly bent the inside middle rail. next time i pull my bed off i am going to put 4 eye loop bolts thru the bed floors bottom bracing in 4 corners and simply put a brace under the bed to help hold weight. this would give me much more lift and very little chance of bending the bed rail sides as well. which i have to eventually pull my bed off again to replace my fuel gauge unit in the tank. my gas gauge goes to full max alot and typically stays there till i got about 2-5gallons left in the tank then it starts working again.... just goofy! i just havent bought the part yet or had the desire to to pull the bed off again.
You must be registered for see images attach

and its fun to do afew burn outs with no bed on cause its so easy to do then.LOL just becarefull because if a rock gets in the thread it can be slung up and smash your back window! so its not a great idea to do it to much.LOL but ya do get some funny looks but who the hell cares YOU ROLLIN!

i did my own trailer lights and ghetto mud flaps to keep me legal. just simple trailer lights, 2x4, and two rear floor matts wraped around another piece of 2x4 to and screwed to it so it wouldnt get caught up in the tires while drivin.
and after looking at date of pictures mines been that way for 2 years now.LOL dam i should fix that dam gauge already.LOL ive been using my trip gauge as a fuel gage forever now! just fill up around 300miles and its all good. 330miles is pretty much the most i risk.

sorry but for the bed off it makes it super easy to get the fuel lines and connectors off! JUST BE SURE TO USE PLENTY OF PENATRATING OIL ON THE LINES AND LET IT SOAK FOR AWHILE BEFORE TRYING!!!!! you dont want to round the heads of the fittings of! so dont rush it and ONLY USE LINE WRENCHES! DO NOT USE OPEN END WRENCHES! youll round the heads off so fast and cause so much more work.... its not worth the risk!
also make sure ya got all parts before hand. pumps sock as well i almost forgot.

Last edited:

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These trucks look bad ass with the bed off.
Mine might end up staying that way for a while too.
Just until I get it bagged and the floor body dropped.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
LOL just beware of blowing out your rear window!
i drove mine for about a week or two with no bed on her. and another warning if it rains or ya run thru a slick spot BE CAREFULL! it will try and spin out real easy! i felt my ass slippin alot in the rain where i had to slow down. and thats saying alot for me to slow down.LOL

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine did similar and it ended up being the crank sensor. It acted up in traffic on Friday night and I couldn't move forward whatsoever without it choking and dying. I replaced my fuel filter first and it still did it. Then checked the pump and so forth. It finally threw a code for the sensor but otherwise I wouldn't have thought of it. I'd take it out clean connections and clean around it and see what happens. It's just an 8mm.

Also, you checked your MAF and connections? I also did that to mine amongst trying to solve my issue.

lowreese26

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
UPDATE:
7/21/12
Bought a fuel pump from the Chevy dealership.
Put it in.
Ran AMAZING for 7 days to the day.
Then the video I posted above.
Was just about to tow it to the shop and have them tell me what the problem was, but called the dealership first to make sure everything was under warranty.
They told me, "You have to have our service dept. tell you that the fuel pump is bad before we will warranty the pump. That's gonna cost $130."
Dropped it off.
The next day they call, "it was the fuel pump, you have two options. Pay the $130, tow it home and replace the pump again. Within a year if this happens again, you get to pay for us to check it again. Or for $500 we will replace the pump and if it goes out again, we replace for free."
So I paid the $500.
Been running great.
Moral of the story is I won't be buying parts from the dealership anymore.
Where does everyone buy AC Delco parts from?
Oh and there was a recall for the windshield wiper motor, so that got replaced.