Fuel Pump Connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I can't answer many of your questions, however I'd suggest looking at nylon fuel lines....that's the plan for my truck.

67GMC

Reaction score
I'll just update this in the hope that it helps someone else. For the braided lines, they terminate in female ends. They are not inverted flare compatible so I found a kit (Papco) that contains what is called a GM-Nut.

These fittings are the same as what is on the pump ends, so they fit in the ends of the braided lines from Throttle body. The fuel pump also has these connectors and I've ordered some female ends for them to plug into. I got a new fuel tank as well which was the start of all this adventure.

I then took some advice from here and cut off the opposite end and put a 5/16" flare nut and double flare on it. Then I attached to some pre-made 5/16" steel fuel line with inverted flare unions. It looks good so far. I know, I could have just put rubber fuel injection lines on but I don't like have 48" of rubber line (plus that injection grade fuel line is expensive).
I hope to be able to put some gas in the new fuel tank tomorrow. Put new copper-nickel brake lines on and need to bleed them too. Lots of work.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach