Fuel Pump Connections

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67GMC

Reaction score
The Fuel Pump in my 88 was connected to the fuel lines with hose and hose clamps on the metal tube. There's male threaded fittings on these but I cannot seem to source a female connector so I can make a proper hard connection. I have mostly older vehicles with mechanical pumps so not sure how to connect to this. I can do what the PO did and use hose clamps again but I've got a new fuel tank so want to fix it up a little better.

Any advise appreciated. They look like 3/8 NPT and 5/16 NPT but that's not quite correct. Maybe metric flare threads? Part source would be great.

You must be registered for see images attach

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're metric o-ring fittings, probably M18 or M16. They're supposed to have a rubber hose with that style female fitting on them, hence the rubber hose and clamps.

Edit:

Like this.

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking your thread 67GMC. I'm just in the businees of replacing all 4 of my lines. I know Earl' have a adapter fitting(like 8 bucks each) for both pressure and return so you can use an4 and an6 . As you can see on SAATR rockauto pic thats almost 100 bucks per line for oem,thats at least 400! There have to be a less expensive option. I was thinking using earls adapters and braided hoses instead of lines,any thoughts on that?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This one,Jegs own ,there's a Russel and Earl's one to. Two sizes ,one for pressure and one for return

whitewheels

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Feels like I'm talking to myself....and by all rights because I see now that you need a female fitting [emoji2962][emoji28][emoji28].....cheers [emoji482]

67GMC

Reaction score
Yes-That's the problem. The OEM style is very expensive and really, it should just be a flex line like the brake line flex hoses. I thought if I got a female M14 then I could hook that up to a hose barb connector.

67GMC

Reaction score
They're metric o-ring fittings, probably M18 or M16. They're supposed to have a rubber hose with that style female fitting on them, hence the rubber hose and clamps.

Edit:

Like this.
Thanks-I thought that was it but I couldn't believe the price. Just need the fitting so I can do a half-a$$ job!