Fuel Injectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anybody bought from CS Performance fuel injector Co.? I have one injector that is not spraying correctly. Thank for any info!

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
TBI? Just guessing by your screen name. Vehicle specific info related to the question is always needed when asking.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks HighwayStar for the info!

RichLo, yes sir that would be correct on the TBI fuel source, I forgot to lead with year make and model of said truck, 1995 GMC C1500 SLE 5.7 TBI RCSB, thank you for reminding me of that, just because there are one HELL of a lot of knowledgable people here, does not mean they are mind readers or know what we are driving and or what answers we are looking for at the time of the post without that vehicle info, when you get to a certain age the gears start slipping ever so slightly, at least I haven't stripped a gear or jump a timing tooth or 2 bad enough not to run yet!:rolleyes: I'll remember on the next post

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
With a TBI, there's really no off the shelf 'performance' option that I know of but you can swap injectors and TBI units from one engine to another. Your 5.7 is the middle of the road. Lots of people who have done 383 strokers or 350's with a cam and headers, etc use 454 TBI units.

Since it sounds like your just having problems with your spray pattern, check fuel pressure first but I would recommend going to a local parts shop and buying two matching injectors with a long warranty. Its a lot easier to do a warranty claim at a local parts house than some mystery person behind an email address. I would also change the fuel filter first and run it for a half tank or more with the bad injectors if possible.

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
RichLo, thats what I was planning on doing as far as the injectors go, my NAPA here has never gave me any grief on any parts I've got from them and to change them out really isn't that big of a deal for me if they did need to be replaced in the near future, I did a pressure check at the TBI unit and the fuel pump was doing its job, and had changed out the fuel filter right b4 the pressure check, I have a thread in the engine section that started with a coolant leak, and since its a 1 owner with a 115k on the clock, things are going to fail at some point being 28yrs old and as far as I can tell everything has been original to the truck that I've replaced all would be considered maintenance items, and I'm not looking for the burn out of all time and snap your neck back from this engine, just a good dependable daily driver, so while I'm addressing the intake coolant leak, and while I'm into this far I know I should address a few more thing that should be changed out or freshen up so to speak other than that leave the rest of it alone, its been doing fine, and I like the factory look under the hood, the outside and the drop should give it the awesome look when I get to that point. Thanks for the advice concerning the fuel system and injectors I will run with the old injectors for a half a tank, then change out to the new ones.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Like Highwaystar, i was going to recommend a cleaning service like

But you can rig up a way to pressure it up with a syringe full of cleaner, (has to be removed from the throttle body) and can take a 9v to cycle it. Pulling it would also let you check the inlet screen of the injector to make sure its not plugged too

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I'm glad your on the right track. There's no need to run gas through if you've already replaced the fuel filter, that was just my suggestion to make sure junk was filtered and anything else was caught with the old injectors.

And slightly off-subject but this has been a topic recently on this forum... Please divide posts up into smaller easier to bite sections. Its easier to read and it helps when is not just one big sentence with a bunch of commas. Even if it's not 'right' some more periods and paragraph breaks help divide thoughts.

I'm glad your keeping it running since its such low miles and mostly original. Keep up the good work!

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
vr1967 thanks for the advice and insight as well concerning the injectors, they are really dirty and in need a of a good cleaning by someone other than me.

RichLo, I'm going to go with a set of new injectors with a long warranty and when I get the originals back I will have a back up set if needed down the road. I've seen a lot of "mods" that can be done to the TBI housing itself but I think leaving it as is and a good old cleaning and the new injectors will put it back to running almost as new.

Head to the parts house in the a.m. install injectors and do final button up, then fire her up and look for leaks.
Heres a few photos of my progress on engine and TBI unit...

Attachments

• 8BCA2E04-3998-4905-A9F0-51D154F720BA.jpeg
    8BCA2E04-3998-4905-A9F0-51D154F720BA.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 5A374ED0-63D7-4629-B8AA-5C137BFFF5FB_1_201_a.jpeg
    5A374ED0-63D7-4629-B8AA-5C137BFFF5FB_1_201_a.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 92A4D2B0-517B-4D25-A93E-F259747B36DC.jpeg
    92A4D2B0-517B-4D25-A93E-F259747B36DC.jpeg
    277.2 KB · Views: 19