Fuel Additive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
You are correct sir! Seafoam is a great product, without a doubt. But... it's almost completely composed of Pale oil, naptha, and IPA (Isopropyl alcohol). And at 9.99/16oz bottle from most parts stores, it's a bit pricey. Xylene is about $20 a gallon, plus your favorite 2 cycle oil @ 3 bucks a bottle, plus a bottle of HEET (high percentage methanol, much stouter than IPA) @ $3 a bottle, you've got a potent fuel system cleaner for less than $30/gallon.

The back assward logic of California (Suckafornia) is that naphtha xylene and toluene are all banned substances in California however I can legally purchase a 10 dollar can of seafoam..........:Plugged:

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get my Seafoam from work, sooooo....

It's all about economics, so if it's free it really doesn't get any better. Unless they're paying you to Seafoam your own stuff!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ive run some sea foam through em, if ive had bad gas ive ran some alcohol or heat through it but thats about it. in my old camaro id run a big of high octane in it for daily driving every couple of months.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you buy alcohol it is either 70% or 91%, the rest is water. I'm sure you can get it somewhere 100% but most isn't.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you buy alcohol it is either 70% or 91%, the rest is water. I'm sure you can get it somewhere 100% but most isn't.

You can distill store bought IPA and get the purity up through heat or vacuum distillation, you can buy denatured alcohol (ethanol) at the hardware store that is fairly pure, or you can use HEET. There are other ways to get a pure alcohol, but that's just what comes to mind.

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres enough alcohol in fuel already, I just wanted to be sure someone didnt read that and dump a couple bottles of dollar store alcohol with a bunch of water in it into the tank.

kiss4afrog

Reaction score
I've had good results with Lucas FI cleaner and it's less expensive to boot !! Seafoam is a good product but something that is formulated to be added to gasoline or run in your oil to me isn't designed as the best product for either. I have a few vehicles so I actually get it in the gallon size but it's pretty reasonable if you buy it in the quart size too. Single bottle P/N 10020 around $6 and 1Qt P/N 10003 around $13 Walmart is usually best price but auto stores sometimes have sales or two for ones.
You must be registered for see images

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had good results with Lucas FI cleaner and it's less expensive to boot !! Seafoam is a good product but something that is formulated to be added to gasoline or run in your oil to me isn't designed as the best product for either. I have a few vehicles so I actually get it in the gallon size but it's pretty reasonable if you buy it in the quart size too. Single bottle P/N 10020 around $6 and 1Qt P/N 10003 around $13 Walmart is usually best price but auto stores sometimes have sales or two for ones.
You must be registered for see images

Same here we bought the gallon size and i believe that it helped my gas mileage