Front shock setup - Airbags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to look into the front suspension setup on my donor truck. Aside from the rubbing on the front shock (previous owner has wide wheels!!!) Does anyone see any major issues with this setup?

Previous owner said he ran that setup for over 5 years.

Thoughts ?

You must be registered for see images attach

gearheadE30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The motion ratio the way that is set up is horrible unless the angle of the picture is playing tricks on me. Unless those are incredibly stiff shocks, I'd be surprised if they provided enough damping for it to actually perform well. Otherwise, besides the wheel rubbing on it, it's not the worst thing I've seen. If you keep it that way, you might want to gusset the plate on the A arm and adjust the steering stops to keep it from rubbing. Especially with the motion ratio issue, any flex there is going to be a dead spot in damping resulting in poor wheel control/bouncy ride no matter how good the shock is. Same is true if that rear lower control arm bushing is worn - damping force from the shock will cause deflection in that bushing instead of compressing the shock, so stiffer bushings may be a good idea there.