Front diff thermal actuator mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Yes, you would remove the actuator from the diff, and install the plug instead. I would want to tape up the wiring at the very least... you never know you might want to use the actuator later on in the truck's life.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does it work? Does it eliminate the actuator and keep the axles engaged and just shift into 4x4 with the t case and go?

Yes the actuator is replaced an the front axle will always be engaged...

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
Any clue on the effects on mpgs? I'm already swapping to 285s :giggle: and thanks for y'all's info :deal:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any clue on the effects on mpgs? I'm already swapping to 285s :giggle: and thanks for y'all's info :deal:

No clue, but using that bolt will negatively affect it. If you're worried about that the posi-lok or electric upgrade would be better....

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
No clue, but using that bolt will negatively affect it. If you're worried about that the posi-lok or electric upgrade would be better....

I'm just lookin to stay above 10mpgs :lol: at 15-16 now runnin the piss out of her...