Front diff thermal actuator mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the 33s and the x10rims don't help..

Ya the big tires kicked me down to 13 also.

Aren't y'all both autos with small gears and big tires? On stock engines?

Mines a stick with 3:73s, and a towing cam. I think the cam is what helps mine.

Yes auto an mostly stock engine wise, I have 3.73 also. I don't consider that a small gear though....

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Aren't y'all both autos with small gears and big tires? On stock engines?

Mines a stick with 3:73s, and a towing cam. I think the cam is what helps mine.

Mines stock with 3.73s and 33s.. So shes a little slow but I can still spin them! Waiting for the 10 bolt to grenade itself! :lol:

lkfldredneck

HILLBILLY DELUXE!!!
Reaction score
If you know someone with a lathe that can make you one... you could take an actuator, power it out and measure it up, and then make your own out of a larger bolt.
I have 2 lathes and a milling machine at my expense. So that wont be a problem. Lol
Cant see on tappa, but i wasnt plannin on buying it in the first place, tryin to find another way to do it

Sent from the boonies now Free

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 lathes and a milling machine at my expense. So that wont be a problem. Lol

Cant see on tappa, but i wasnt plannin on buying it in the first place, tryin to find another way to do it

Sent from the boonies now Free

Well then!!! (stomps off)

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Saw it in the LMC catalog, except its $180 for basically a damn bolt. Basically if ya dont know it locks the axle so its instant 4x4 instead of taking 10 seconds to engage.

Is there another way to do it? i heard ya just stick a piece of pipe or somethin in there thats about 1" so im not sure. anyone do it? id rather the instant 4x4 cause i hate the wait time and i took out the light so it doesnt tell ya if the 4x4 is engaged or not. :shrug:

Don't you have bigger problems? Like an engine... :think: