Front CV Axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
My front cv boot is busted, and online they show 2 different lengths. Is there a way to know which one I need, I would rather not pull it without a new one to stick back in. Its a 1997 k1500 with everything stock. Thanks.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Ok, a quick observation that may be right or wrong but can be confirmed by someone other than me is, the one with the abs ring is a different length than the one without an abs ring?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your over thinking it. First, determine if you have abs on the front and order the corresponding shaft by application.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've assumed they put the ABS ring on by default. I just knock the thing off, for my truck. I've never figured out what trucks use that external ring.... mine is internal to the hubs.

Note: My truck is a 1-ton so the part is different than what the 1/2 ton uses.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I do the same,order the axle for my 3/4t burb and if it has the tone ring I just cut it and remove it.No science here.They are pressed on so un-press it :)