Front brake binding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Strangest thing happened, I was heading for gym, the distance from home is appr. 4 K. I noticed Red Dust pulling slightly to right , upon arriving I was going to check the tire but hot rim and smell of burning brake pad spoke clearly of the prob.

So what is strange with that? When I left some 2 hours later the brake had released itself and everything is normal again!

I think I'll have to take the wheel off and see later, but is this type of temporary binding a common trait in these trucks?

-J

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Common....not really.. sounds like you have a bad brake hose....they can develop a "flap" on the inside that will hold the brakes like they are applied but bleed off to normal after a little bit...

sent from what use to be a great nation...

johnny_buchanan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^
Thanks, will check the hose, any way to tell this from outside of the hose?

-J

Sent from my NSA monitored iPhone using Tapatalk

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No easy way to tell but they are cheap and easy to do... if you do one though in all honesty I would do them both...just for piece of mind...

sent from what use to be a great nation...