From 2 Catalytic Converters to 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here in Arkansas, every couple of years someone in the state legislature starts tossing around the idea of CA style emissions testing and luckily is never gets very far as the vast majority of the politicians are more worried about saving their jobs than saving the planet.

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's far from the truth. Diesel engines have a smog test every year during the truck inspection.
dont tell me bud i own a 95 cummins and was told by dmv it does not need to be inspected.because its exempt from inspection

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
dont tell me bud i own a 95 cummins and was told by dmv it does not need to be inspected.because its exempt from inspection

Because it's pre 96 and under 18k GVWR. Saying pre 96 is exempt and saying all diesel engines are except is completely different.

When It comes to emissions regulations, I know them. I head a non-profit to change the CARB emissions plan, so bud, please, don't tell me.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
the only problem i can see in the whole emissions thing.... is if it came with a cat and you don't run one ....you can be fined as much as 10k...for a gain around 5 hp....doesn't make sense...

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea... and the fine for a muffler shop to hack em off is even higher. In my dad's later years in the workforce he worked for a cab company as a body man for their fleet and I happened to be there one day when the feds rolled up... many G-men from many agencies... anyways, they took a little round gizmo and were checking fuel filler tubes to see if any had been tampered with so that someone could stick the leaded gas nozzles in them. That was back when leaded gas was being phased out but widely still available. Late model cars just had a smaller hole than older vehicles. The fine was $20K per vehicle and most were tampered with... even the 30 or 40 State Police cars that were bought at auction and not even been put into service yet.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
the only problem i can see in the whole emissions thing.... is if it came with a cat and you don't run one ....you can be fined as much as 10k...for a gain around 5 hp....doesn't make sense...

Yeah I always run them when I can due to that reason. But the majority of people around here don't run any.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Glad I live in Indiana it's a free state lol! I hope to be installing new exhaust in the near future and they'll be no cats.

IKR :lol: I dont have a kitty on my truck but when I redo mine I gotta feeling I may run into problems. Im starting to find its getting harder to fina shop to do an exhaust and not do cats