Free or cheap "mods", with dyno results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I think it's the coolest thing in the world cuz I've never seen another one like it

If you get a chance could you get the part # off of the backside? I'd like to search around for one and I think some others would be interested as well

Also, have you noticed that the numbers are a different font? That's pretty damn cool

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Surely there are more penny-pinching power loving Appalachian American Engineers out there! Any new input for free/cheap performance mods?

not right now, but good bump! I love this thread and I'm sure others do. I might have to try this 454 TB mod soon- I think the junkyard just got a cc dually obs in and more than likely it has the 454 in it.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
If you get a chance could you get the part # off of the backside? I'd like to search around for one and I think some others would be interested as well

that would involve pulling the cluster out wouldn't it? Haha, when I get around to doing LED's I'll be try to remember to check, just be sure to remind me

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
not right now, but good bump! I love this thread and I'm sure others do. I might have to try this 454 TB mod soon- I think the junkyard just got a cc dually obs in and more than likely it has the 454 in it.

Yeah I think it's worth it. The high startup idle I mentioned in the OP has actually been gone for awhile, guess it just needed to learn it.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Yeah you would have to pull it. What color LEDs are you wanting to do?

Not sure yet... either white, green or blue. I have one bulb burnt out in my door panel and one going out in my HVAC so it might be sooner than later.

No, I never noticed it was a different font- that is pretty cool.

Yeah I think it's worth it. The high startup idle I mentioned in the OP has actually been gone for awhile, guess it just needed to learn it.

Reassuring.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Also, have you noticed that the numbers are a different font? That's pretty damn cool

holy **** they are! thats weird

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Not sure yet... either white, green or blue. I have one bulb burnt out in my door panel and one going out in my HVAC so it might be sooner than later.

No, I never noticed it was a different font- that is pretty cool.

I got my LEDs off of eBay, paid about $9 for the six to do my gauges (they sold them in pairs). I didn't think that being that cheap they'd last but they seem to be quality made, I haven't had any issues and neither has my buddy (he did blue, looks WAY better than my red, but would look funny in my red truck)

Here's the eBay link to the blue ones we got him, I'm sure if you looked around in this sellers other items you could find green - http://www.ebay.com/itm/170794522717?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

DO NOT get this kind, or any that look like it (plastic base w/ just two wires coming out), they lasted about a month before they started going out - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-X-T10-1-L...Domain_0&var=540151761978&hash=item4d0a14c84b

AND be sure to install them correctly, unlike regular bulbs, LEDs have a positive and negative side

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! When I do it I'm going to do the full treatment- colored dash and doors and HVAC, clear domes and coutresy lights, clear lisence plate lights, engine bay yada yada.

Have you ever seen green ones? Do they look half-way decent? I'd like to try them but not sure they would look right yet...

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! When I do it I'm going to do the full treatment- colored dash and doors and HVAC, clear domes and coutresy lights, clear lisence plate lights, engine bay yada yada.

Have you ever seen green ones? Do they look half-way decent? I'd like to try them but not sure they would look right yet...

Right, forgot about the HVAC controls - http://www.ebay.com/itm/T5-B8-5D-1-...Domain_0&var=440078106434&hash=item20cb5671f4

Those are the complete socket/LED. I haven't found any like the T10s I have, but these are working good so far

Have not seen green. I would think they'd be similar to blue, just brighter. Probably would look like the 90s Dodge truck gauges (those are green from the factory).