frame snapped in half ... what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
It need's to be done like this, I was doing a frame shortening for a guy here.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh so boxing in the frame would be the same way?

I called around to a couple junkyards around me and appears $500 is the normal pricing. Most places are about an hour from me, but there is one that is approx. 45minutes, and has 2frames that I can look at on Saturday. They require half up front, then they tear down the truck to the bare frame, then I can pay the remainder and pick it up. I am going to pick the better of the two (obviously), but does $500 sound like a fair price? The other junkyard I called had one frame, but someone has it on hold for 20days. I would prefer something before next month.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Being a major component and if it's in a relatively good shape that sounds like an alright price. If I were you, I'd box the frame and rust proof it.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Being a major component and if it's in a relatively good shape that sounds like an alright price. If I were you, I'd box the frame and rust proof it.

1)Buy frame
2)Clean the sh*t out of it.
3)Box it
4)POR-15 the f*ck out of it.
5)Drive it for 100 years.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to do both - I don't want another frame to snap in half on me .... kinda sucks lol oh well, now I can run all nice new stainless brake and fuel lines too.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1)Buy frame
2)Clean the sh*t out of it.
3)Box it
4)POR-15 the f*ck out of it.
5)Drive it for 100 years.

Love the to do list - :) thats about how i was thinking it would go... minus the driving it for 100years, but someone will enjoy it after me :) Don't forget step 6) tear down old frame.

Last edited: