frame snapped in half ... what now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
at least you were not in the truck driving around when the frame broke lol, that would have really sucked! good luck with the frame hunt man.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
if i remember correctly your from vermont... look on car-part.com i found frames for my truck for 450 when mine broke. if you dont mind traveling and doing some work there is a junkyard in freeport maine where im getting my frame. hes selling me from mid cab back for 50 bucks i gotta take it out myself though

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if i remember correctly your from vermont... look on car-part.com i found frames for my truck for 450 when mine broke. if you dont mind traveling and doing some work there is a junkyard in freeport maine where im getting my frame. hes selling me from mid cab back for 50 bucks i gotta take it out myself though

Yes, I am from Vermont. I will have to check car-part.com I am still looking to find the measurement of the wheel base for an ECSB but not having any luck.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
perfect .... I found one about an hour or so away, they want $500 for it. So I will give them a call tomorrow and see when I can take a look at it - I want to look at it before I buy it.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Wow. I've honestly only seen that happen once. (I was raised in a junk yard) and it was on a half ton with a sand spreader in the back that was way overloaded.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
K2500 frames are no different. The K3500HD has a sturdier frame.
the 8600 gvw k2500 is different, the 7200 gvw 2500 is the same as a 1/2 ton
96 and newer frames from what i have heard are slightly thicker c channel as well

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow. I've honestly only seen that happen once. (I was raised in a junk yard) and it was on a half ton with a sand spreader in the back that was way overloaded.

The previous owner used this truck to haul lots of scrap metal. When I bought the truck there was around 500-600lbs of scrap metal in the bed, not including the 300lb wooden side panels she invented. So I am sure the frame had its weight limit exceeded.

I was talking to a shop this morning local to me, and they said that there is a good chance that I could weld it back into shape as the rest of the frame looks decent. He said that the front part of the frame has one minor weak spot, but he said that once it is patched (and he recommended boxing the frame in for more support), that it would be better then new, and stronger. Anyone have any experience with boxing a frame in?
He quoted me $600 to do it, included materials and labor, and he would go to the truck. A frame from a junkyard is $500, and I would end up getting it patched and boxed in as well. So I am at a lost on what to do (as well as seeing my baby broken on the ground,is kind of heart breaking..).

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i would go with the newer frame and boxing it somewhat because if it broke once its more than likely to break again