Frame rust removal and painting to do's and what not to do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone found box crosser for sale? I couldn't find much thru lmc but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place

You must be registered for see images attach

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know a lot of guys measure and make their own cross supports from square tubing, I don't think I've ever seen any for sale. They're one of the parts that are pretty much obscure and need to be donated from a clean bed for fabricated, as far as I know. Your truck is looking great by the way!

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This sounds like a paint. And how do you go about measuiring where the new bed bolt should be? I was digging into my underside today only to reveal I need to replace 4 of the 5 box crossers:(

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a paint. And how do you go about measuiring where the new bed bolt should be? I was digging into my underside today only to reveal I need to replace 4 of the 5 box crossers:(

I would suggest BEFORE removal of the old braces to simply measure from the front (or rear) of the box floor and also from the edge(s).

Draw out the dimensions on a sheet of paper then use the original measurements to lay out where the holes need to be. Heck IF you used heavier wall tubing you could simply drill and tap the tubing without installing nut clips.

Hope this helps.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im glad someone convinced me to replace the crossers on the truck bed they really needed attention.

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
When I pulled my 14 bolt from the junkyard I relied on those rusty u-bolts to break to make it easier to pull!

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got 3 of my 4 box crossers made by a friend at a sheet metal shop. Pretty nice considering he did it for 50 bucks including cost of material. Turned out better then I could have asked for.

lessersivad

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got 3 of my 4 box crossers made by a friend at a sheet metal shop. Pretty nice considering he did it for 50 bucks including cost of material. Turned out better then I could have asked for.

Those turned out nice. Good to have friends that can help out like that.

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They make me feel more confident in my build haha. I was planning on having it done by winter but now I'm thinking spring if I can heat the uninsulated garage