Frame rust removal and painting to do's and what not to do.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric_7810

Reaction score
Did this job this past spring on my 98. Took two days off work, and learned a heck of a lot through it all.

Buddy of mine hoisted my bed off the frame, and I spent an entire day with a hammer and angle grinder cleaning the frame and suspension. It was a nightmare.

Used semi-gloss POR-15 frame coating, and applied it with sponge brushes.

I had never done this before, my advice to anyone ready to take this job on is.. have patience. Hopefully it's not your daily driver, also.

Have many 1/2" drive tools on hand, and expect bolts to break. Have a sawzall ready, as well.

Good luck!

You must be registered for see images attach

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this job this past spring on my 98. Took two days off work, and learned a heck of a lot through it all.

Buddy of mine hoisted my bed off the frame, and I spent an entire day with a hammer and angle grinder cleaning the frame and suspension. It was a nightmare.

Used semi-gloss POR-15 frame coating, and applied it with sponge brushes.

I had never done this before, my advice to anyone ready to take this job on is.. have patience. Hopefully it's not your daily driver, also.

Have many 1/2" drive tools on hand, and expect bolts to break. Have a sawzall ready, as well.

Good luck!

Looks nice. I wish mine wasn't in such need of restoration! Lots of tinkering

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay on to replacing cab corners and rocker panels. Any suggestions? There was alot of rotted metal inside of my cab corner. I've never done this before so I'm open to any suggestions! Thanks ahead of time guys

Tlee94sbc350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've only been getting about 30 minutes at lunch to get at her hut it's coming out nicely. Tomorrow I will hopefully finish it up and then off to be sandblasted and por 15'd

Keith Ciaccio

Reaction score
Got the box off the truck today with the help of a friend. Much heavier then I expectex! Gonna descale and clean up as much as possible before I blast it. I've never done any restoration before so chime in if you have input!!!!!!

I would buy a new gas tank and sending unit..