Frame coating?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used duplia color rubberized undercoating. Wired wheel, actone wipe down, primer then shot it on. Hasnt held up for **** for me, I just take a spray can of flat black paint and respray it in the spring and fall

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
i pressure washed it, sprayed POR Marine Clean on it, let it soak about 15 minutes, then rinsed it with a pressure washer. then treated it with POR Metal Ready (etching agent that neutralizes rust), then let it dry in the sun, and brushed the POR on the following day.

Didn't even have to sand or grind?

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
it says on the instructions to knock off any loose rust... i didn't have any.. just light surface rust. The pressure washer i used was a 3800 PSI unit.. it blasted all the dirt and loose stuff off. the POR needs something to bond to according to the directions.

:boobs:

How much did the whole process run ya?

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
:boobs:

How much did the whole process run ya?

about a hundred.... it could have been less. i bought a quart of POR, a gallon of marine clean, and a gallon of metal ready. i think a quart of each would be plenty. i had a lot of cleaner and etcher left over. we did two more trucks with the cleaner and etcher (well, from the cab back to the rear)