Forged lower control arm upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
As the title states, lets talk about lower control arms.

To my current knowledge there are 3 types of lower control arms for the 400's:
1. Early model 100% stamped.
2. Mid model change that was partially stamped and partially forged. This also decreased the turning radius.
3. 3/4 ton forged control arms.

I upgraded my 90 K1500 with the forged control arms off of a K2500 suburban. I have about 5000 miles on them and while they "bolt on" I am unsure if they are a direct fit. My truck has all new front suspension and has been aligned and the tires look normal when straight but I have noticed unusual wear from the tires as if both fronts had excessive positive camber. My assumption is the truck can be aligned but the control arm geometry itself is off enough that it messes with the alignment geometry of the tires. I noticed that when turned left, the driver tire has very high positive camber and the passenger tire mimics it when the tires are turned right. Does anyone have a similar experience with upgrading to forged control arms.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forged were randomly assigned far as I can tell. I have 2 duallies without and junked one with, all late 400s. Your camber is likely off because you need to knock the dealies out of the frame to get a full range of adjustment.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
The camber is on when the wheels are straight. Im wondering if the 3/4 and 1/2 ton are truly interchangeable

ZRoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For what it is worth my k2500 Suburban came with forged lower control arms and has a 6" Pro Comp lift. It has the same tendency to camber the tires while steering. So far it hasn't caused too much tire ware for me.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk