forced email change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Got on here last night, and had a notice, saying there was an issue with my email, and that I needed to change it. I've had the same email for 20+ years, there's nothing wrong with it, but had to switch to a different email, to be able to post here again.

Now I'm using an email that barely gets used, and is always in danger of getting shutdown, from the lack of activity.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I can't see the Lounge section anymore.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paging admins... @Shaggy @Griffin @Old77

That's really strange, I've never had this site give me any kind of notice about changing account info. The Lounge disappearing is also really weird, that makes me think maybe your "full access" membership status was revoked for some reason after the email change.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Y
@Shaggy @kennythewelder @df2x4 - trouble brewin'..

This sounds like what happened to 454cid (I messaged Shaggy about it) - he's currently locked out of his account.

Richard
Yes, definitely something an administrator will need to address. Since, they have been tagged, they will take care of it. Moderators don't have that option. Thanks for reporting it.

Griffin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Got on here last night, and had a notice, saying there was an issue with my email, and that I needed to change it. I've had the same email for 20+ years, there's nothing wrong with it, but had to switch to a different email, to be able to post here again.

Now I'm using an email that barely gets used, and is always in danger of getting shutdown, from the lack of activity.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I can't see the Lounge section anymore.

@Stumpy what is your original email you were using?

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
After a screw up on my part, I was locked out again, but looks like I'm back....again.

I'm not messing around with my email any more.

Can't see The Lounge again, but small price to pay.

Thanks to @618 Syndicate for letting me reach out, and @Griffin for checking in to it.