forced email change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm back, and I don't know how/why. I just got home from work and had a second confirmation email, and it took a couple of tries before the forum approved me. Now, I'm in the situation that Stumpy mentioned, where I'm using an account I never check.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Got on here last night, and had a notice, saying there was an issue with my email, and that I needed to change it. I've had the same email for 20+ years, there's nothing wrong with it, but had to switch to a different email, to be able to post here again.

Now I'm using an email that barely gets used, and is always in danger of getting shutdown, from the lack of activity.

Also, not sure if it's related, but I can't see the Lounge section anymore.

I had a long list of bounced emails. Bounced emails hurts the sites email reputation and GMT400 email has been having alot of issues lately. I updated to a new email IP but before changing it, I had to clean up the users that had bounced emails to not effect the new email setup. I am sorry that you may have to change emails, and if you feel that your email was flagged incorrectly, please let me know via pm.

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
I had a long list of bounced emails. Bounced emails hurts the sites email reputation and GMT400 email has been having alot of issues lately. I updated to a new email IP but before changing it, I had to clean up the users that had bounced emails to not effect the new email setup. I am sorry that you may have to change emails, and if you feel that your email was flagged incorrectly, please let me know via pm.
I'd like to go back to my original email, but after the last couple days, I'm scared to mess with it.

Griffin

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great you are back but not this way. Definitely want to try and get your original email so you can see the lounge. What to make sure what email you want to use and we can
I'd like to go back to my original email, but after the last couple days, I'm scared to mess with it.
I was going to ask you this last night on if you wanted to go back to your original email as well. Myself or Shaggy will definitely get you taken care of

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Great you are back but not this way. Definitely want to try and get your original email so you can see the lounge. What to make sure what email you want to use and we can

I was going to ask you this last night on if you wanted to go back to your original email as well. Myself or Shaggy will definitely get you taken care of
Just sent @Shaggy a PM. Thanks for checking on it.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Any chance there is some kind of issue with the way forum emails appear to email servers? I dont think I've ever gotten an email from the forum before the 2 confirmation emails I got. I should have gotten a lot more.... I don't now how many fire hydrants, crosswalks and motorcycles I had to click on and that was trying two different email addresses.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Any chance there is some kind of issue with the way forum emails appear to email servers? I dont think I've ever gotten an email from the forum before the 2 confirmation emails I got. I should have gotten a lot more.... I don't now how many fire hydrants, crosswalks and motorcycles I had to click on and that was trying two different email addresses.

The emails have been an issue for awhile and finally fixed it(hopefully).

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Did you also get the email that showed the new posts over the week today?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Did you also get the email that showed the new posts over the week today?

No, just that someone had replied to a thread that I must be "watching". That's the first of it's kind that I think I've ever gotten.

I'm going to PM you as I'd like to change my email to a different one, and I don't want to get locked out again.