For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is welcome to all members Corvettes, post away.
67HEAVEN has an amazing car, love the mid year cars but his restomod has so much better performance.
The tech in mid 60-70's was leading edge for its time. Caveman class these days. Everybody wanted to race against my 68 thinking it MUST be a fast car. Trying to beat up on my 50 Y.O. car.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Heres one for ya Kenny
Bill
Brings to mind the 1978 Indy 500. I sat in the infield stands right across from the Start/Finish line. What a thrill to see those Corvette Pace Cars on the track. We were all on our feet as Jim Nabors sang "Back Home Again in Indiana" and they started the race. Good times.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brings to mind the 1978 Indy 500. I sat in the infield stands right across from the Start/Finish line. What a thrill to see those Corvette Pace Cars on the track. We were all on our feet as Jim Nabors sang "Back Home Again in Indiana" and they started the race. Good times.

Yeah, I love me a 78 pace car.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
73 fuel system upgrade
dropped tank

Cut it open, nasty

Fuel injectors off to Fuel Injector Connection for rebuild and flow match

Never worked with FI before

Flying in from offshore tomorrow, need to remove drivers rear from the the C7 due to losing air. hopefully not a cracked wheel. C7 Grand Sports are notorious for OEM wheel cracks, replaced 1 under warranty already

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, after taking this car to our local road course, discovered this car sucks air, not fuel in high g turns.
Holley Hydromat is a God-send. Expensive and still very worth it.

When I was shopping for my Sunbeam Alpine, a 74-78 Corvette was also on my short list. Then I rode along in a '70ish 'Vette at an autocross. I was surprised how cramped the interior was. The Sunbeam has more room! Still, I'm a fan of the plastic-bumper Vettes.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I was shopping for my Sunbeam Alpine, a 74-78 Corvette was also on my short list. Then I rode along in a '70ish 'Vette at an autocross. I was surprised how cramped the interior was. The Sunbeam has more room! Still, I'm a fan of the plastic-bumper Vettes.

C2 Corvettes have significantly more room inside than do C3 Corvettes.

Last edited: