For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW! Looks like a beautiful car though!

Thank you. It was a 4.5 year labour of love.

You must be registered for see images attach

8.2 L - 502 c.i. engine. The original L71 427/435 is on an engine stand in my shop. The original M21 Muncie 4-speed is there too. There's a 5-speed Richmond in the car now.

Rear tires are 11.75" inch wide radials. Fronts are 10" wide. The original 7.75" x 15" tires were 6" wide. Oh, and the originals were bias-ply tyres...meaning they were equivalent to running bald tyres on an ice-covered road. Keep that in mind when reading any of the road tests from that era.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Interest in this thread appears to be dying down, but here's a few more photos for those still around...

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Due to suspension modifications, 67HEAVEN sits three inches lower than the '65 coupe beside it. Notice the height difference on the bumper ends.

Compared to the six inches of rubber under the '65, it's hard to tell that there's almost 12 inches of rubber under the '67, no?

The front bumper level is also three inches lower on the '67, compared to a stock '65. Normally, they'd be identical.

The roof on 67HEAVEN is actually lower than a C6 or C7.

Road Warrior badge from side-mounted headers. You quickly learn to step....OUT....further. LOL.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really want a c3 in the not, to distant future. Everybody ask what I'm going to do when I retire. Well get a c3 and make it what I want it to be. Then do a lot of car shows. ( Like I don't do that already with my truck). I definitely and a 1978 to 1982. A pace car would be ideal, but they are a little pricey compared to a non pace car. Also, I have no intention on leaving it stock. So, I do like looking at this thread. I will join a vette forum, once I get a c3, but not untill then. I like some of the mods posted here. I still have almost 4 years to work before I retire, so I have some time to look at, and think about just what I want.

Last edited:

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to join the thread after watching for a while. Almost pulled a trigger on c8, and should have. But did not. Like c2 the best, but only owned c4 and a bunch of c6s over the years. Yellow one ended being cut to pieces for parts. After the black one, changed to a viper. Then market exploded after viper was sold and not much to work with currently.

Due to suspension modifications, 67HEAVEN sits three inches lower than the '65 coupe beside it. Notice the height difference on the bumper ends.

Compared to the six inches of rubber under the '65, it's hard to tell that there's almost 12 inches of rubber under the '67, no?

The front bumper level is also three inches lower on the '67, compared to a stock '65. Normally, they'd be identical.

The roof on 67HEAVEN is actually lower than a C6 or C7.

Road Warrior badge from side-mounted headers. You quickly learn to step....OUT....further. LOL.
I have one of those from my side pipe car, you'll only do it once lol

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want a c3 in the not, to distant future. Everybody ask what I'm going to do when I retire. Well get a c3 and make it what I want it to be. Then do a lot of car shows. ( Like I don't do that already with my truck). I definitely and a 1978 to 1982. A pace car would be ideal, but they are a little pricey compared to a non pace car. Also, I have no intention on leaving it stock. So, I do like looking at this thread. I will join a vette forum, once I get a c3, but not untill then. I like some of the mods posted here. I still have almost 4 years to work before I retire, so I have some time to look at, and think about just what I want.

Heres one for ya Kenny
Bill

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my favorite pics, this is the first shop I built. How on earth did I end up with 3 cars?

After building my 2nd shop in Abbeville, decided to sell the 68. Sold to a guy on CF.com for a fair price.