For the Corvette guys on GMT 400 dot com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67HEAVEN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some of you may wonder why the 1967 Chevrolet Super Sports brochure (shown above) includes a Corvette. After all, they never built a Corvette SS, correct?

Wrong! In 1957, Zora Arkus-Duntov, Corvette's first Chief Engineer, developed the XP-64, more commonly known as the Corvette SS.

The first (non)-Corvette Super Sport arrived in 1961 on the full-size car, four years after the Corvette SS. I'll never forget my disappointment at seeing my first 1961 Impala Super Sport that turned out to have a straight six under the hood. What a let down!

Yes, in the early years, you could get any Chevy engine in a SS. Hardly appropriate for something that was intended to come across as a super sporty car, representing Chevrolet.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sorry to you Vette guys, but that car is hideous. The proportions are all wrong.
Consider what Mercedes for example was offering as in the 50's:

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as room,,,, i flip my Cigarette ashes out the pass window of the C3. Posting now from the toilet seat. trade my C3 and a C8 that i dont have yet......... for your C2.

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So... to keep the thread progression. Convinced my wife she should really have a 4door sedan after driving the C6 for 10years and 100K miles.......ulterior plan here, buy her a sedan we could both use..... and take over the C6

subseawellhead

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, didnt go as planned. brought her to buy a 2019 Toyota Corolla, and came home with a new Toyota Camry XLS. Damn.....really nice car....... Dont bother searching the plate, 2nd Amendment

Well, i have a C6 daily driver now anyway, and 2 C3's