For once someone help mw put an end to my headlight issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
93 yukon
back story,

all my headlight used to work with stock bulbs, then switched switches and they still worked, then switched to barons 4 hi harness and HIDs. i kept losing my high beams, for a good 7 months id return my high beams get a new pair free and then theyd work for a few days then nothing. and if id hit the button for high beams my high beams wouldnt come on and my lows would turn off, only thing i would have is my parking lights.

tore apart the front end today because i was gonna swap to a different style HID the low beams worked the hi beams didnt but the with the switch on hi the lows didnt turn off. so i still had my lo beams. took barons harness off, well unplugged it from the stock harness and replugged everything in and i had only one dreivers lo working throughout the whole thing, plugged his harness back in and nothing worked. i thought i could have installed it wrong so i tried a few different ways and still nothing.

Lost06

Reaction score
it might be the turn signal assembly. I believe that that has something to do with the headlights not working correctly, or at all.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Tilt columns have troubles with the wiring at the multifunction switch. I've repaired mine twice.

For 4HI I tapped a relay into the headlight switch before the multifunction switch and that triggers my lows from the battery harness I built. No matter what happens with the multifunction switch, my lows stay on as long as the headlight switch is on. Was the yellow wire IIRC.

The multifunction switch is what turns the lows off when you flick hi. I've eliminated that so when I flick Hi the lows stay on.

The multifunction no longer effects the lows.

Not sure what you've got going on with your high and them coming back after an HID change. Perhaps coincidence as the wires on the multifunction make contact.

Pop your column plastic off and have a look at the wiring coming out of the multifunction switch assembly. If they're frayed, you have likely found your issue...

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i ended up doing alot of diagnosis with the help of MOBS. eventually i unplugged barons harness and it worked, examined the harness and a mojority of all the soildered pieces broke off and it wasnt properly grounded. so since i havent been able to get in contact with Baron for months i sent it out with Mobs as he said hed take a look and correct the issues for me.