fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
well im really intrested in puttin fog lights on my 98 silverado and ive been searching round and come good ideas but i really wanna keep the look of the fogs stock look like they came out the factory but still want bright ass fogs that look good.please anyone show me pics of there install and how they look and how they got put in please thanks guys

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum!

My Set up

You must be registered for see images

55 Watt Amber Fogs gotten at a Truck Stop. You have plenty of options for Fogs, HIDs, LEDs, Amber, Yellow, all those. As for mounting locations, it's all up to you!

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome and im kinda of looking for like the air dam look like the 454ss truck

silverado98

slab holiday
Reaction score
how do u get the pic like that so big instead of adding an insert image please tell me thanks truck looks good like the way looks but im a 2wd kinda but do like 4wd trucks to though dont get me wrong but i doing 4wheelin much u no wut i mean fogs look tight though

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
About as factory as you will get.

OE diesel bumper with 88-89 headlight adjusters modified to fit. This was to replicate the 99-00 Z71 and Limited Tahoe. They used the same painted bumper and have an OE foglight to fit in them.
OE foglight valence with OE foglights. I found that KC LX2 lenses fit the factory buckets of them.

You must be registered for see images attach

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Can't remember where I got my valance. Pershing? LMC? Anyways, the 'no-hole' one was about $16.00, with tow hook holes, $16.00. But the fog light valance was something like $50.00! WTF?
I've seen the fog lights, with brackets on ebay. Those come with a replaceable bulb. You can get the lights at Wal-mart, Tractor Supply, etc., but without the proper brackets, & they do not have replaceable bulbs. At least the ones that I've found are a sealed unit. They come with 55watts.
I'd say, buy the ebay ones with the right brackets, because you can upgrade those to HID's, & a no-hole valance. One of us with the factory fogs could send you the measurements for the openings when your ready & cut them out yourself.

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
how do u get the pic like that so big instead of adding an insert image please tell me thanks truck looks good like the way looks but im a 2wd kinda but do like 4wd trucks to though dont get me wrong but i doing 4wheelin much u no wut i mean fogs look tight though

I use an "off-site" host, and so do most of us on here. I prefer Flickr, I have a Pro account and can upload as many photos as I would like. I was a Photobucket fan for a long time until I kept running out of bandwidth on my free account, and now their site is really buggy for me and not very user friendly. You just upload them to the site (in full size) and then copy the "IMG" code and paste it into your post on the forum to post up the image for others to see.

www.flickr.com

Check that one out.

Anyhow, that valance light set up would be something I might be interested in as well, I will keep the lights under my license plate, but I would like the have two more lights, either LED or HID for regular driving lights as well. I'd like the diesel bumper too.