flowmaster super 10s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
went to from 18'' bullet glass packs that ive run on the truck since new to 40s for a change of sound, they were too quiet for me so the super 10s went on today. didnt put my tailpipes back on yet incase i didnt like them so just put turn downs on it in front of axel. idle is actually kinda dissapointing, only slightly more rumble than the 40s and quieter than the glass packs, revving it in park isnt real impressive either imo. part throttle around town about the same as the glass packs as far as loudness but deeper sound. cruise speed is nice, once again like the glass packs but with a deeper tone. stomp on it and it roars, just what i wanted. i thought they would be louder all the way around but i like them. it has more noise in the cab but im guessing thats mostly from not having tailpipes. probably run them like this for a bit then put the tailpipes back on. the rest of the exhaust is stock 97 454 to the convertors, then a foot of pipe and the muffs with turn downs.

jdavis8317

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have been wanting to try those for a while the 40 series is too quiet for me i have 3" single exhaust so it shouldnt sound bad

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got Cherry Bomb Extremes behind a 305 in my CJ8, sounds great and loud considering it has cats and mufflers. They are knock offs of Flowmaster 10s.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
found out today it sets off car alarms on start up, all the more reason to like it

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
other than glasspacks gettin burned out, ive never heard of a muffler breaking in

Z71Sierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dunno what to tell you on that one. I have personally heard it happen on a few trucks. Mufflers, not glasspacks.

X-Cutioner

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
my truck has done it with a flopro muffler but its not from breaking in, its from breaking down and blowing out the guts
still muffles the no cat exhaust but it has become louder than it was when i first got it 3 years ago

Bigblue

Reaction score
I have a pair of super 10s on mine with true 3" duals and long tube headers. It sets off car alarms with ease.