Flipside.. NICE 1999 C2500 7.4 Suburban Houston TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You already have one ride kissing the earth. Why not have one that you could build to reach for the skies? You know... Symmetrics, ying and yang, chocolate and peanut butter, etc. etc. ...
I've had lifted stuff in the past, mostly squares. I actually have all my current rides dropped except one, but I digress...

Richard @someotherguy wants a rwd, he only lives the lowlife!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Holy crap that's clean. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1112011056514470/

Right when I post about how hard it is to find a GMT400 Suburban 2500 that is both RWD and 7.4, and here comes one, LOCAL. And it's clean clean clean.

And too expensive. IMO.

Richard

Richard, that one is pretty clean...grey interior is an immediate no for me however.

That $12k number is, as much as I hate to admit it, the going rate for a lower mileage Vortec 454 rust free 'burb. Mine only has 125k and it would take a hell of a lot more money than that to pry it out of my ownership.

l1lartur0

Reaction score
I've had lifted stuff in the past, mostly squares. I actually have all my current rides dropped except one, but I digress...

Richard @someotherguy wants a rwd, he only lives the lowlife!
nevermind-png.365984

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
But 4wd...
4WD and '95. Two things I like the least. I mean at least '95 is still TBI but I just don't care for all the one-year-only stuff, and I don't like the new interior. If I gotta have the new interior, it better at least have a Vortec 7.4 under the hood.. and be RWD. :)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Richard, that one is pretty clean...grey interior is an immediate no for me however.

That $12k number is, as much as I hate to admit it, the going rate for a lower mileage Vortec 454 rust free 'burb. Mine only has 125k and it would take a hell of a lot more money than that to pry it out of my ownership.
You're not wrong - the clean trucks seem to get the money. Unfortunately that truck is RED and it would end up living outside as my 300 takes the garage spot most of the time. It won't take long for that shiny red paint to croak here. Seller says it's garage kept and it looks like it.

The grey interior is actually my #1 choice so that doesn't bother me. While 145K is absolutely lower mileage for a 1999 model, it's also the miles where I can expect it will soon need a lot of miscellaneous stuff, no matter how well-kept it's been. It does appear to be in spectacular condition though.. while my 1993 C3500 with "160K" looks like it's been through hell and back 5 times.

IF I felt like I could get that 'Burb for 10K or less I'd be all over it.. but then there's the whole "where would it live" issue. Then what vehicle(s) I'd have to get rid of so it would have somewhere to live, and so that my insurance agent wouldn't be able to retire off my bill anytime soon. (coincidentally, my old agent DID recently retire.) 4 vehicles on the policy is a beast of a payment.

Richard