Flexplate Inspection Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Just did my '98. No inspection cover. 4L60e. One piece bellhousing.
Have never checked production date. May be a late production model.

carluvr

Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up on the situation with my Suburban. Just got it back today from the shop. The problem was the flexplate after all. The mechanic showed it to me and sure enough, it was cracked all around the six bolt holes as I've seen in pictures elsewhere. The center "hub" portion looked like it was about break completely and there were cracks extending out to the edge also. It ended up costing me about $700 to have the flexplate replaced. (I had some other work done as well). It's nice to have a quiet, smooth-running Suburban again. Thanks all for your help and responses to my inquiry. This forum is a lifesaver!

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Just wanted to follow up on the situation with my Suburban. Just got it back today from the shop. The problem was the flexplate after all. The mechanic showed it to me and sure enough, it was cracked all around the six bolt holes as I've seen in pictures elsewhere. The center "hub" portion looked like it was about break completely and there were cracks extending out to the edge also. It ended up costing me about $700 to have the flexplate replaced. (I had some other work done as well). It's nice to have a quiet, smooth-running Suburban again. Thanks all for your help and responses to my inquiry. This forum is a lifesaver!

$700 is a good price. I paid $500 for a simple tranny in, tranny out. That was with zero new parts. Just labour