First time truck owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any issues with emissions since Maricopa County only plugs into the OBDII and look for any codes, no rolling dyno and sniffer. They do that for pre-96 OBDI vehicles. I'd take it to your favorite auto parts store and have them check for any stored/pending codes, if so, have them reset and see if any come back. Good luck and welcome!

Edit: They do a visual under the hood too so, make sure everything that came with the truck is still there.

Sramos03

Reaction score
You shouldn't have any issues with emissions since Maricopa County only plugs into the OBDII and look for any codes, no rolling dyno and sniffer. They do that for pre-96 OBDI vehicles. I'd take it to your favorite auto parts store and have them check for any stored/pending codes, if so, have them reset and see if any come back. Good luck and welcome!

Edit: They do a visual under the hood too so, make sure everything that came with the truck is still there.
Oh okay thank you for the emissions information I appreciate it! I attached a picture of what it looks like under the hood. I focused on the interior yesterday but I’m going to clean all the leaves and sticks today from the engine bay. I invested in a shop vac to clean the interior and it came with a blower so I’m going to blow the leaves and sticks from the engine bay and wipe away the dirt. I did know if this was true but the previous owner said it has space for another battery in case I get stuck in the snow the heater can keep running.

Attachments

• 61FECA25-463B-4BEC-9FBA-1505F5A5FEE3.jpeg
    61FECA25-463B-4BEC-9FBA-1505F5A5FEE3.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 15

Sramos03

Reaction score

Glad to report that my truck passed emissions!! They ended up having to do the rolling dyno and sniffer since they told me in the other line that it was too heavy. I almost had a panic attack because the hood would not pop open something is wrong with the metal wire that pops it open from the inside so I might have to look that one up. They were nice since it was my first time at emissions and helped me pop it open. Thanks for the help and guidance.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you passed!

I almost had a panic attack because the hood would not pop open something is wrong with the metal wire that pops it open from the inside so I might have to look that one up.
Mine does that when the hood latch mechanism is dry, I spray it with Teflon lube and am good for another year. Otherwise, a good hard slam down with the right fist on the hood and it'll pop free. :waytogo: YMMV

Sramos03

Reaction score
Glad you passed!

Mine does that when the hood latch mechanism is dry, I spray it with Teflon lube and am good for another year. Otherwise, a good hard slam down with the right fist on the hood and it'll pop free. :waytogo: YMMV
Oh wow I just tried what you said and it popped right open I guess it’s been a long going issue because it had a dent on the hood above where the mechanism is, I’m sure it’s not the first time someone has done this. Yeah it looks pretty dry I guess sitting in phoenix for 3 years without any maintained will do that. I’ll head to Autozone and buy me some Teflon lube tomorrow. Thanks again I appreciate the guidance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 7

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just tried what you said and it popped right open I guess it’s been a long going issue because it had a dent on the hood above where the mechanism is
Now that's funny! :anitoof: Who owned the truck before, the Hulk?

Anyway, where in PHX are you? I'm just West of Buckeye off I-10 and 339th Ave.

Sramos03

Reaction score
Now that's funny! :anitoof: Who owned the truck before, the Hulk?

Anyway, where in PHX are you? I'm just West of Buckeye off I-10 and 339th Ave.
Haha right! It’s the only dent on the hood too!

I live on Camelback and 35th Ave. Oh wow, I think I know that area, my mom has an acre up in Tonopah on Dobbins and 349th Ave that we visit frequently.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I know that area, my mom has an acre up in Tonopah on Dobbins and 349th Ave that we visit frequently.
That's cool, I know where that is, isn't it near the Arlington High School? 351st goes to Dobbins from the Salome hwy. We have 5 acres on 363rd between Van Buren St and Buckeye Rd - small world!

Sramos03

Reaction score
That's cool, I know where that is, isn't it near the Arlington High School? 351st goes to Dobbins from the Salome hwy. We have 5 acres on 363rd between Van Buren St and Buckeye Rd - small world!
Oh wow that’s cool, you’re right it is! I checked on the map and it’s maybe 2 miles from the high school. That’s one of the reasons why I bought my truck was to help my mom build up there so she can retire we really like it over there I’m trying to get some land up there next to hers myself.