Finally some data.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
NO CLUE if I actually collected any to save. Did a screen print for your pleasure. When I blipped the throttle I got a 17 knock count. Do any of these numbers mean anything to anybody? What is the spark advance from "hack" and the couple others from "hack"?
You must be registered for see images attach

kenh

Reaction score
Screen print showing the knock count after a throttle blip. Back to idle at the time of the screen shot.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the spark advance from "hack" and the couple others from "hack"?
You won't get accurate feedback on BPW (injector Base Pulse Width) or SA (Spark Advance) until you apply the "Patch" in your .bin and burn/flash another chip - just ignore those.

TPS voltage is a little high - SB ~.45 at idle and ~4.50+ at WOT
KCs could be from a loose exhaust pipe or something else rattling.
O2 sensor and cross counts showing low. Probably need to data log for a while to see what's going on.

2nd screenshot -
Vacuum -5??? somethings wrong
Battery voltage same thing
Forget it and try again.

Go to Acquisitions\Record then TP will prompt you to name the file and where to put it. It'll save as an .xdl fill, run for a while then hit "Stop" to save it. Then go to "Load Log", click on the round red icon on the tool bar and use the play arrows, pause, or stop buttons.

You're getting there, good job for a 1st try :waytogo:

Last edited:

kenh

Reaction score
I'll log my drive to work in the morning. About a 10 mile drive. All highway with two stop signs in between me and work.

It's been damn frustrating so far. Good to have a little success!

Ken

kenh

Reaction score
OK.... I was able to collect some data. I did this on the way to work this morning. One full throttle (more or less) at abput that 7 minute mark from a stop sign. All highway miles. Here is a screen shot for your viewing pleasure. I can email a copy of the log if somebody wants to look closer. Just PM your email addy.

Ken

kenh

Reaction score
Looking for a loose header bolt and found (1) one. Then confirmed my throttle body had a very loose throttle shaft. Suspected this for a while but never took the time to actually look. I know this will mess with TPS and IAC values/setting or what ever you want to call them. I have a good TB from a newer engine (got in a deal) but the TPS mount is different (TPS is missing) and does not have the provision for the cable pull for my 4L60 trans. Otherwise it looks very clean like it may have been rebuilt "recently". OH, and tight throttle shaft!!

Ken

EDIT; Also found a plug wire laying on the header. It had cooked a spot in the wire. It's moved out of the header now but was not arcing so got lucky. Damn cheap aftermarket plug wire separators failed. Basically melted and let the wires fall out.:mad:

Last edited: