Finally... My very own build thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
really nice build, congrats on the work.

I may have missed it, but how far are you lifted in the front and rear? With full compression and lock-to-lock, are you rubbing the front?
So If I am really twisted up the rears will stuff inside the bed fender wells and the inside of the tires rub on the bed. But I didn't extend the bump stops so that may be part of my problem there. I want to throw a set of longer shackels on the back to level it up and that may be enough to stop the rub on the bed.
Fronts are a diffrent story, the side biters on the tires rub the back side of the lower A-arms at full lock.
When I went over a ledge nose first at an angle and was on 3 wheels (Pass-rear was 16-20" in the air) The front tires were turned and pushed all the way against the inner metal fender well at the back of the fender. Made allot of noise but didn't bend any metal or tear up the tires.
Could crank the fron annother 2-3inches if I wanted but I like the angles I have on the CV's as it sits

Sparg93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Loss. How far are you currently lifted?

Yeah, CV angles are important...amazing how easy they are to break when they're all jacked up

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit is a TrailMaster 6" full drop for the front and did a shackle flip and a 1" 0 rate in the back. The truck is level front to back if the gas tank is empty and I take the tool box out. But with a full tank, all my tools for an off-road trip, and a spare tire in back I am about an inch lower in the back than the front. Trying to avoid an add-a-leaf or blocks but would like it to be level when trail ready so thinking of trying 1.5-2inch longer shackels.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I had to install a re-built transfer case. Apparently when the trans was replaced 60k mi ago the transfer case was drained but not re-filled. Guess it is my own fault for not checking on it, but by the time I did it was making some aweful noises. So I just picked up a rebuilt one for $500 and threw it in. Plan to rebuild the old one with a SYE and maybe a higher gear ratio one of these days but I recently bought a new house and all my spare $$ is going into "honey-do" projects for the new house.

Loss4wrds

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't broke a CV yet... knock on wood... but i do carry 2 spares in the tool box because i figure it is just a matter of time. Running the 36x15.50 tires