Finally, large diamater steelies in a 5x5 bolt pattern!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Im bodied on 22x 10.5 non factory offset.. whats a factort offset matter on a non factory suspension? Everyone on here and fullaizechevy makea a big deal about facoffset. But most everyone dont end up running it..

Reaction score
What will fit depends on what you are wanting to make fit, that limit is only set by what you willing to cut, or weld. Factory offset is for factory height and tire size.. If you drop it or bag it then factory is out the window. There are allot of bandwagen myths on here and fullsize chevy.. Everyone bashed the two link setups for years, yet everyone now is buying them and calling it a wishbone, or three link.. it was bashed because there is a loss in geometry thru the travel. Adding a wishbone didnt change that, but since someone said fk it and did it anyways, now it ok again..lol same with welding, gas is simple and easy so gas is the only way, and everyone bashes flux core. Yes some try it with a cheap flux core welder and it turns out ahitty.. but, if you know how to use one it can weld more than a gas is capable of. A few yeara ago everyone was asking about what ball joints for bagged... Only MOGG will work if you buy the k1500 ones.. I said why cant you use a super pivot instead.. I was made to feel like a dumb ass for even asking that.. Guess what?? Now ekstensive is becoming more famous cause they are doing it now... All these band wagon rules of what can or cant be done, simply are because what someone couldnt do. And when someone builds an ego and starts bashing something because they failed at it, everyone following them starts a new bandwagen of make belief rules. s a joke.. If all yall want to follow peoples builds to see how or what they done to learn some ideas, thats all cool.. but please for the love of God keep an open mind and never believe in any limitations set upon others failures.. Thats exactly why sooo many rides look exactly the same. Barely changed. Not bashing or trien to argue... Just really tired of seeing and hearing all these made up rules.. There are none... End of story.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
Everyone bashed the two link setups for years, yet everyone now is buying them and calling it a wishbone, or three link.. it was bashed because there is a loss in geometry thru the travel. Adding a wishbone didnt change that, but since someone said fk it and did it anyways, now it ok again.
a 2 link is a 2 link is a 2 link. a 2 link is fixed at the axle. a 3,4,5,6... whatever link hase movement at the axle, giving it the ability to keep proper geometry. no one is just adding a wishbone to a 2 link, there'd be no use or benefit to doing that.

whu? i have no idea on the rest of what you just said. there are "rules" (i like to call them measurements) of what will and what won't stay inside of the fenders.

Reaction score
No freaken durrrrrrrr..... But in measurments its limited by what you can do. Simple as that. Keep the skinnies and save in work. You dont Have to buy special lower arms as some claim... You dont have to dehump the factory as Most claim.. There are allot of things people Claim have to be done, since allot wont try anything for themself they follow the B.S. rules. I think its sad... Like i said, im not trien to argue. These truck rules for the 88-98 are as old as the trucks.. Why is it only a shop steps outside those rules? Maybe... Just maybe. Those shops dont listen to people claim it cant be done.. cause i cant do it.

On a side note bro. You can get mad or upset for what i said or ever say. But its not aimed at you. Never was.. So i dont get why your offended or taken it to heart so bad. Im simply saying if someone WaNtS to do something different than what eVeRyBoDy else has... They should. And not be told they cant.

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
not mad, it's the internet. the average person isn't going to spend the money on control arms and shortening the rearend to run a certain wheel, when they could just wait til MobSteel can do more offset. by the time you add all that up, you might as well buy billets.

Reaction score
Glad your not mad... On the real. I remember when we came on this site... This one was for peiple with just the 88-98s..Everyone was tired of FsC and all the old timers bashing anyones ideas or dreams... Was seriously thinking you wereturning into one of them... Neither of us knew crap about this stuff when we came.. We all learned from eachother.. By actualy trien stuff. Not being told we cant. On a note, what you said they do offer, would fit on Marcus's truck. If it were a 20x 10 then yes it wouldnt for what he has done. A ten or bigger with a 4.75 backspace is scary close. But on an eight inch wheel. No problems. I dont have special arms.. dont have dehumped arms.. just a simple tiny pie cut in the frame. And Mogg k1500 upper ball joints. Run 22x10.5 on a 4.75 backspace. Just laying frame they clear very nice.. can drag frame and srill change lanes doing it.. even riding at a static height.. Now bodied, its very VeRy close at static. But thats bodied..

e3mcgrath

Reaction score
sometimes i come off like an ass so sorry lol. my 9" wide wheels with 5.5" BS are super close to the bedsides/fenders (like a short hair worth of clearance), there's no way personally i'd run less BS. just going by my own first hand experience.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
y'all need some 17s!!!! LOL

kidding.. when lay'd out, my tires clear the rolled fenders in front by the thickness of a credit card or two. but i'm gonna invest in some larger diameter wheels later on.