Finally got started on my Shop Buildings!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest update...
Got the foundations filled...
325 tons of gravel!!!
Contractor was going to make forms this week but he found out when scheduling for concrete that they were going to be closed the week between Christmas and New Years! So he had to hurry and finish his other pour before this weekend. He will make the forms next week and be ready after New Years.
You must be registered for see images attach

First attempted to bring small dump truck around side driveway to dump directly in foundations, but that didn't work out... just not enough room to easily turn around to drive back out... took a 10+ point turnaround..., so dumped in the street and ran 2 bucketloaders... about 150 trips!!
Looking good mate. Just a thought, with 350 tons of gravel would it be worth letting it sit for a while, to let the earth beneath compact, before pouring the concrete over it in case it sinks a little afterwards?

Dangrus4060

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good mate. Just a thought, with 350 tons of gravel would it be worth letting it sit for a while, to let the earth beneath compact, before pouring the concrete over it in case it sinks a little afterwards?
Its already been 2 weeks and will be about 2 more weeks before pouring. already had 2 big rains of over 1 inch... and expecting another next week. and i think it still has to be compacted before the pour.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been down this road. If it were me, I'd make sure the crete floor is substantially tied into those walls to prevent squat and spread. One good nearby blast from a construction site, or a mild earthquake/tremor, can crack those tall walls along the mortar joints. I also had a red oak that I didn't want to take out, and over time, it's roots lifted and cracked a block wall from the bottom up during frost heave.

GREAT project by the way. You are "on it". Very envious of the soon-to-be compound.

Last edited: