Finally Getting Her Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Monday will be the beginning of resurrection for the Silvy. She's being dropped off to have the rest of her body work completed, panels aligned, sanded, smoothed and prepped for the paint booth. If all goes as planned I'll be picking her up on 4/26 **knock on wood** with fresh paint & clear coat.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not doing anything fancy as far as paint . She's being resprayed Light Quazar Blue Metallic w/ 2 coats of clearcoat and then wet sanded and buffed.
I'm an ole school fool who likes to keep things basic. The color is a old GM color that was used back in the 90's for 2 years.

Last edited:

95_z71

Reaction score
If you dont mind me asking, how much is this costing you? I was quoted 4k for minor bodywork (couple dents/screw holes) and paint.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Waiting on the pics.

Don't get your hopes up with that completion date G. Bodyshops are like the drive thru. They f**k you every time.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
lol, i have learned that body work isnt hard. painting takes learning, but if you can do some prelemonary body work before going to teh shop, it usually cuts their time down... provided it doesnt set out in the moisture or anything.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
4500.00 is the starting price for all over paint jobs in these parts if you go with a full time yellow page auto body collision shop and that price increases from shop to shop depending on which shop you choose. I'm not building a show truck so I don't need perfection but I do want nice work and some sweet paint so I chose to go with a smaller father & son operated shop that does pretty good work just to cut out the high overhead cost. These guys painted a K-5 Blazer for me about 8 years ago and did a damn good job. My cost for the Silvy including painting the CheckMate Tonneau to match is $2500 out the door at the most but keep in mind I had quite a bit of body work done last year so that basically helped me out keeping the cost down. She still has some side dinggy damage from doors, a few roof dents and some screw holes to fill from a tool box that I removed from the bedrails. The truck was a Georgia truck so it has no rusted body panels. I also pulled the wipers, cowl panel, inner door panel and trim to help him out a bit to make the job a tadd easier. He told me he'll need 7 days for the body work and another 7 for paint, clear, wet sand and buff but if it takes another week or 2 then so be it. I'm in no rush and I just want her done right and looking great plus it will give me more time to put some miles on the M-109.

Last edited: