Finally Getting Her Done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I left a disposable Kodak in the glovebox so that when I stopped by I could snap some pics of the work in progress.
I'll be sure to post pics when she's all done.

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Cant wait to see it man. I need to take mine in soon. Im just getting a few dents pulled and the lower door skins, rockers and cab corners done, repainting the bottom the same. Down the road ill do a full repaint, I just want it cleaned up for now. I love the colour choice you picked. One of my favorite colours.

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Dropped......

Actually, light quazar blue metallic is pretty close to the blue my dad had on his 2 toned 56 Chevy and has always
been a favorite of mines. I also saw it on a members early 90's Shortbox in FSC & Car Domain. It's 1 of those safe colors that I felt I could run painted or chromed bumpers/grilles with and still have a nice QQn ride.

Last edited:

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welllpppppp..... got the call I was waiting for and my truck is supposed to be done
& ready for pick up on Friday 4/23 so I'll be bringing her back home Friday afternoon after work.

6d8muscle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not doing anything fancy as far as paint . She's being resprayed Light Quazar Blue Metallic w/ 2 coats of clearcoat and then wet sanded and buffed.
I'm an ole school fool who likes to keep things basic. The color is a old GM color that was used back in the 90's for 2 years.

Isn't that a Corvette color? If it's the color I think it is, VERY cooooool color!!!

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YES! excited to see it Bigg G, take some good pics for us.

I will always have a connection to your truck remember im running your former parking light lenses :lol:

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Welllpppppp..... got the call I was waiting for and my truck is supposed to be done
& ready for pick up on Friday 4/23 so I'll be bringing her back home Friday afternoon after work.

Awesome Man Cant wait to see it Mines goin in friday, and She'll be done in 3 weeks. Im just fixing the bottom rust and repainting the bottom the same colour as my Caprice, which is a dark grey metallic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mike
I'll download pics this weekend

68d8Muscle
I doubt if it's a Corvette color but I do know it was used a few years back in the early 90's on GM Trucks and some vans. There is another GM Corvette Blue
I was considering but I found out that GM won't release that paint code. It's a GM deal only so that killed that thought.

TS96
I don't quite remember the parking light deal because I've sold a rack of used OBS parts over the past few years. Nice QQn truck you got there though !!!

Dropped
Your truck looks mint.....if mines looked like that and I would have squashed the paint deal and ordered me a new GM crate 5.7.

Last edited:

DroppedAsAChild

OBS Hoarder
Reaction score
Thanks she has some minor rust nothing major major, just lower door skins and driver side cab corner. Also what do you think of the colour change for the bottom ?? I was going to keep it pewter but I think the grey will match better and It will also match my car. Keep in mind i am doing my interior 2 tone grey.