Finally back from paint!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It seems like people on this site can't give a positive comment without knocking something at the same time.

Looks super good and the paint looks smooth. Now on knocking it I say there not really doing that there just saying maybe if it was there truck and at least there being honest. I think the truck would look better without the covers as well but it's what you want I bet ton's of people hate my paint job but to me so what it's what I like.

When you wrote that they bedlined the frame I said he sure dropped some good coins on his truck which is good now the frame won't rust also im sure glad over here in Texas we don't have to worry about rust all in all your truck looks awesome................ keep up the good work and post pictures when they pin stripe it.

The bracket where the A/C pump should be sure looks different than my 93 I wonder why? I wish my hood & roof was as shiney as yours.

dale_gribble

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To clarify my statement: I think your truck looks amazing. I think the paint looks great and I like how you carried that two tone throughout. I personally do not prefer the headlight covers because I feel they detract from the look of the truck and they significantly reduce light output. I personally strongly dislike mods that take away from functionality/safety, in this case its much reduced light output from covers. That doesn't take away at all from your truck and your work because they are easily removable. If you like them, keep them and we all move along.

I actually like how people here are honest with me on my never ending project. People don't hesitate to tell me what they like/don't like when I do stuff; I usually take their opinions into account and actually make changes based on their input. That might just be me though. Please look at my truck pics and comment. I would appreciate it.

I do see blatant negativity in responses to pictures, and I know what you are talking about, I just didn't feel that my input was derogatory or that I was being unsupportive of another forum member.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What negativity, I told you the truck looks fantastic, great paintjob, I just really dislike headlight covers for the same reason the guy above me said, they do nothing but take away light output. Didnt mean anything negative by it.....

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Truck looks great man, paint looks slick! Everyone has opinions though, people will always point somethin out they think would improve the look of a truck. I personally think your truck would look cleaner without the light covers and rear window visors, but if you like it thats good and makes trucks look original instead of the same as everyone else. Looks nice man

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It seems like people on this site can't give a positive comment without knocking something at the same time.

There's no harm with someone saying they don't like something about it. It's not like anyone is ever derogatory about it. If you didn't want people's opinions you would post it. Plain and simple. So it's not a good thing to get offensive when someone says they don't like something.

Anyways, I like the truck. I have yet to see that color combination around here. I love seeing these trucks being fully gone through like this. I've done it with one already and am working on another one. It will look a lot better once you get the frame painted. I don't understand why no body guy ever masks off the frame anyways. It has never made sense to me.

The bracket where the A/C pump should be sure looks different than my 93 I wonder why? I wish my hood & roof was as shiney as yours.
I have a 91 engine pulled out of a W/T right now that has the exact same bracket.

tsoderstrum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow looks really good, I like the two tone. At first I was reading and looking at the first pic and I was thinking why the hell would he leave it with a WT grill after all that. Then I scrolled down and thought it was a great idea.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as for the bad comment thing, I';ve seen you do it too. sad but true, and thought to myself why so neg. or why did you have to add that part? and then I've done the same thing myself and I feel bad for it sometimes.

As for your truck, man looks awesome, IMO they did great work, love the colors, love the depth and shine. Love the headlight covers, just needs matching parklight ones IMO. I can understand why it doesn't that's for sure though.

I can't find anything bad to say about it, I love it man looks terrific.

As for the frame and such, yes they should have masked it. I'm going to try and mask all under mine to avoid spray on my frame and componenets when I paint.

93SierraWT

Greater Made Chevy
Reaction score
I have the matching parking light covers. I just got the set today and threw em on to see how they looked. The first pictures I took had the two top ones on, I didn't like them so I took em off. I got them for nothing so I figured it was worth a try. I got a bunch of cans of bedliner left over so I don't really care too much about the overspray. The tips kinda bothered me though but I'll just do them again.