Few questions about rebuilding 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
alright figured i give an update when i was installing the trans a week ago noticed the wiring harness was broke called monster they sent another one. so yesterday i install the harness and test drive it. shifts into every gear very nice. also so information on them 3/4 clutches i ended up damaging them some how so i went to a local shop to get new took my drum with me. they told me that there was no way those 3/4 they sent me would of worked the steels where to thick to stack in and the frictions. so got some thinner kolenes steels and whatever frictions they put in there (i was to angry to ask). also i have had this problem before i rebuilt the tps low voltage code 22 usually i can unplug the sensor and get it to function again whne plugging it back in. but if course not so i get high line pressure and very hard shifts 30 miles after rebuild. i replaced it few months back with a duralast it had no porblems for a month plus. im going to return and get an ac delco.

So the monster kit had wrong friction plates and steel plates?

Did you do a full rebuild?

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, can you pm me your number? I would like to see some pictures of your build and your paint roller trick.

93TL93

Reaction score
yeah the steel/friction combination they sent would of never worked it may have worked with a thinner backing plate and stepped plate but if that is the case why wasn't that included in my 500 dollar kit. yeah i did a complete rebuild my first one hope it last another 246k haha it as of now has around 70 miles without any problems.

highspeed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies back to me. Gonna probably go with Rhinos kit and get a new TC as I am not confident the one that is in it now is good or not.

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
What tools am I gonna need to rebuild mine. Specialty tools to be exact. I'm doin the basic rebuild at first just in case I mess something up, I won't be out a lot money. I know a feeler guage. I seen something about snap ring pliers. I have some but are there any certain type I need?

93TL93

Reaction score
What tools am I gonna need to rebuild mine. Specialty tools to be exact. I'm doin the basic rebuild at first just in case I mess something up, I won't be out a lot money. I know a feeler guage. I seen something about snap ring pliers. I have some but are there any certain type I need?

A pick Is very usefull. Sockets, a notched straight screwdriver. Some way to depress the return springs I used a some homemade contraptions. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mississippi

I have gas...in my truck
Reaction score
A pick Is very usefull. Sockets, a notched straight screwdriver. Some way to depress the return springs I used a some homemade contraptions. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Will do. I tried to contact think for a full tool list in return I would buy a kit from him but I never heard anything. I'll be sure to keep in touch I'm gonna swap mine out tomorrow and tear into it shortly after that

93TL93

Reaction score
If u would like to txt me questions pm me for number as I don't check the forum often