Fender Flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
I am looking for a set of flares for my '98. I love my new aggressive stance but I resent getting pelted by rocks. I think the OEM style flares would be the best for my truck.

With that said, what are your experiences with the eBay flares? Are they worth investing in or should I save up the extra $300 for Bushwacker flares?

I found an older thread about similar flares but it seemed like there were mixed responses.

Here are a few flares that I found that look promising.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-FLAR...Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_873wt_1344

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...ruck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_5559wt_1344

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-98-CHEVY...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6693c4dc#ht_1574wt_1344

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FENDER-FLAR...ies&vxp=mtr&hash=item27be7c8b27#ht_785wt_1110

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dealt with spoilerdirect on ebay for the flares on our 99 silverado very happy with the flairs good quality easy install fit real nice
You must be registered for see images attach

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All 4 of those eBay flares I'm 99% sure are the "P.U. Technology" brand OEM knockoffs. They are great quality, look fantastic, have great adhesive tape (along with screws), and are far cheaper than OEM. Fitment is excellent but not perfect IMO. Hardly noticeable difference as I've had both. Most of those sets are flat black. That said, they are painted flat black over glossy black plastic. I know because one of mine chipped and peeled for some reason. My other three have not at all. Eh... for the price I paid, I'm not complaining.

Bushwacker and the other brands I don't like personally but that's subjective - they look clearly aftermarket to me and I'm not a fan.

Good luck.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Heres my ebay ones, I painted them in bedliner cause they looked terrible how they came, quality is decent though.
I have 1.5" wheel spacers in the pics too
You must be registered for see images

By hezsus at 2011-09-30

By hezsus at 2011-09-30

By hezsus at 2011-08-18

By hezsus at 2011-09-30

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea, I have heard good things about these off ebay as well & for the price its worth a try. I cant believe Bushwacker & other brands charge so much for a simple piece of formed plastic, its insane. I'm goin with a set of the ebay flares as soon as I get the cash. But I'm gonna spray my in bedliner when I get my rockers done too.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
i dealt with spoilerdirect on ebay for the flares on our 99 silverado very happy with the flairs good quality easy install fit real nice

Bulldog, I really like those flares. I do not think that seller carries any of the OEM style for the 88-98 trucks right now though.

All 4 of those eBay flares I'm 99% sure are the "P.U. Technology" brand OEM knockoffs. They are great quality, look fantastic, have great adhesive tape (along with screws), and are far cheaper than OEM. Fitment is excellent but not perfect IMO. Hardly noticeable difference as I've had both. Most of those sets are flat black. That said, they are painted flat black over glossy black plastic. I know because one of mine chipped and peeled for some reason. My other three have not at all. Eh... for the price I paid, I'm not complaining.

Bushwacker and the other brands I don't like personally but that's subjective - they look clearly aftermarket to me and I'm not a fan.

Good luck.

I am planning to get them color matched. Do you think they'd cause a problem?

Heres my ebay ones, I painted them in bedliner cause they looked terrible how they came, quality is decent though.
I have 1.5" wheel spacers in the pics too

Looks good Hezsus, how much farther than stock do they stick out? My tires come about 2" past the body line, I would like it to be close to flush if possible.

Thanks for the input guys

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Colourmatched is a good idea. and if your wheels are out 2" these would fit perfect for flush.

SubLo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nah... colormatched should be no problem. Some non-white bodies actually came from GM that way - colormatched. Most of the white Burbs and pickups I've seen for some reason came only in black. I'd be sure to strip or blast them first to (1) remove the factory paint if any and (2) to slightly scuff them for good adhesion - primer/paint. I'd also make sure whoever's doing the painting puts in some flex additive.

flyboy1294

Pro basket weaver
Reaction score
Colourmatched is a good idea. and if your wheels are out 2" these would fit perfect for flush.
Do you mean OEM style fenders or pocket style similar to yours?

Nah... colormatched should be no problem. Some non-white bodies actually came from GM that way - colormatched. Most of the white Burbs and pickups I've seen for some reason came only in black. I'd be sure to strip or blast them first to (1) remove the factory paint if any and (2) to slightly scuff them for good adhesion - primer/paint. I'd also make sure whoever's doing the painting puts in some flex additive.

Cool, I have a painter here local that will do them for me using and match my paint code. I will prep them myself if I can before he gets them, haha.