Cylinder head output shape

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I saw this set of single Turbo stainless header pipe assembly and got curious. It's listed as 88-98 Chevy truck. But I've never seen an engine built with a round port head on driver side, and square port head on the passenger side. See pic #2 and #12...

Considering it comes with shape appropriate header gaskets, and likely built in China, perhaps they know something I dont?

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Round versus square aside, I’m having trouble visualizing this installed on a 96+ with the parts group on the right.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
BC, they are trying to maximize flow on the turbo side, but on the opposite side, they are like F it. It really doesn't matter that much, anyway. Well it does somewhat. Also, all of that weld on the inside of the tubing well impede flow somewhat, anyway. If your going to put a turbo, then why put the cheapest piece of garbage SST headers you can find on the truck. So, OK it may cost twice as much for a decent set of turbo headers, but your still only talking a few hundred dollars. IMO, that's not a real good place to save $200 or so. Anything that air, (or exhaust in this case) flows through, should be smooth. Any thing partuding into that space, will cause turbulence. This will disrupt air flow, and you will loose some performance even if that effect is minimal.

Last edited:

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're listed as fitting anything with a small block Chevy. My guess is that they have both ports, and I'd hope they ask when you order.
I wouldn't chance it, as stated, that's not where you should be trying to save money on a budget build.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Chinese have a fabulous talent for fookin' up. This is likely aided by an inability to do any real research or have any real understanding of consumer products, instead relying on "Receive and Duplicate" for R&D.

What kills me is that there's dirtball Communist Collaborators in this country that will go to the trouble to import this junk, and offer it for sale as if it was a legitimate product.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a set for my truck but I heard that they are a royal pain in the butt to keep from leaking and so on.

93 GMC truck 5.7

EKOBS

Reaction score

I saw this set of single Turbo stainless header pipe assembly and got curious. It's listed as 88-98 Chevy truck. But I've never seen an engine built with a round port head on driver side, and square port head on the passenger side. See pic #2 and #12...

Considering it comes with shape appropriate header gaskets, and likely built in China, perhaps they know something I dont?
I’d check out what Gale Banks might have available. Anyway, a solid set of cast manifolds might be the best option if a turbo is going to be involved.