Fender Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tony_SS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it won't make a huge difference but has anyone thought about doing an air intake on the fender just across from the factory box? This way the truck would get another source of air that is less restrictive than pulling it from the fender...

Here is a scoop that would cover the whole... but you get the idea... keep in mind this would go on the side of the fender not the hood...

thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Black-H...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought about this 2... But I wantd 2 construct an air grabber like a late 60's early 70's mopar... This way its mechanical so u can open it an close it manually... So wen it rains no worries...

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya nto worth it IMO.
hell a K&N intake only gives ya like 9hp. hell you can only feel that on the butt dyno. not a real big difference. i got a kn for my truck but waiting to get new hardware to be able to instal it. if KN never made a dual filter element for our trucks its probably not worth it on stockish motors.
also the stock intake has factory tubing inside the inner fender that go out the front radiator support so without that duct work i dont see it helping any. not even sure the front of the drivers fender has the front holes or not.
of course a cowl hood i think would help more. way more air over the motor to keep it cooler.

SouthBoston

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I worked up a little something consisting of an old vacuum intake head(a 3x8 rectangle with a pyramid shape tapering down to a 21/2 inch hose) this hose routed to the aircleaner cover. The vacuum head was mounted into the front skid plate covered in some steel mesh type material,(I had already removed, or broken, the lip on the bottom of the bumper.) This was a cheap and effective cold air intake:)

redneckchevy90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
airaid makes a universal dual ram air kit. I've seen it done on a few car and truck shows. but it does require cutting a few holes in the radiator support. looks pretty nice I can't remember the price on it but I wanna say it was a couple hundred bucks