FastOrange's: 2002 K2500HD Build.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The vents will be off soon enough, just to cold right now, worried about the 3M tape wrecking the paint.

The Auto Ventshades? Are those not in style anymore? I had them on my truck until they started leaking, and then finally coming off. The tape did leave marks, but it's not noticeable unless you get up close. I used one of those eraser wheels to get most of it off. Then cleaned the rest off with something...... don't recall what, but probably 3M adhesive/wax remover.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The Auto Ventshades? Are those not in style anymore? I had them on my truck until they started leaking, and then finally coming off. The tape did leave marks, but it's not noticeable unless you get up close. I used one of those eraser wheels to get most of it off. Then cleaned the rest off with something...... don't recall what, but probably 3M adhesive/wax remover.

Josh means those little chrome fender vents.
...and they can't be gone too soon! Ewwww!!!

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score

I actually like the ventshades, i like cruising down with the window cracked in rain!

Im meaning the stupid chrome "Scoops" on the fenders.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Josh means those little chrome fender vents.
...and they can't be gone too soon! Ewwww!!!

Yes!, i honestly feel embarresed bout them! but its been roughly -15 to -20 up here, without windchill!, next week is suppose to be +5, ill take them off then!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Keep the vent shades you cant beat um im putting some on mine soon

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I used 15w40 more for the oil consumption issues then anything.

the vents will be off soon enough, just to cold right now, worried about the 3M tape wrecking the paint.
I didn't have a real consumption problem, just Pcv sucking it up. I did have a really high idle on cold start and it would irratically rev itself while driving down the road which made driving the clutch a pita. It doesn't do it now after using 15w40.
I actually like the ventshades, i like cruising down with the window cracked in rain!

Im meaning the stupid chrome "Scoops" on the fenders.
Window vents are a must for every vehicle I own. :hidesbehindsofa: I'm a smoke though...
Yes!, i honestly feel embarresed bout them! but its been roughly -15 to -20 up here, without windchill!, next week is suppose to be +5, ill take them off then!

Heat gun and fishing line then an eraser wheel. It shouldn't pull the paint then.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Buddy who works at a wreckers lent me a 6.0L coil "rack" (all 4 coils with harness on bracket)

turns out these coils wouldn't work with my harness, so i had to swap my harness with one on the rack, i could only use one bolt per a coil.

but my misfire is gone!, so i ordered 2 coils, should be here in a week or so.