fan won't work on high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check your fuse for the blower under the hood? I took mine out to use it for my subs and the speed worked on everything but high. I'd look there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

benualson

Reaction score
So, I replaced the Fuse & the Speed Switch. Still no high fan. Think it could be the blower (we replaced the blower about 6 months ago with a Factory Air brand blower motor)?

benualson

Reaction score
Yes. So far, I have replaced the resistor, high speed fan relay behind the glove box, blower fuse under the hood, speed switch, & I tried a new blower motor. Cursed I am.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. So far, I have replaced the resistor, high speed fan relay behind the glove box, blower fuse under the hood, speed switch, & I tried a new blower motor. Cursed I am.

Does the relay click when ya turn it on high? If not check wires from switch to relay if so check wires from relay to blower and power to relay

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have replaced numerous factory fan wiring harnesses from being melted down above and to the left of the blower motor.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
On my old 98 the plug on the back on of the a/c controls (far left when you facing it ) melted so it was shorting out. Never figured out why it did but went to the junkyard and clipped on off another truck , wired it in and fixed it for free. Just something to check .

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my old 98 the plug on the back on of the a/c controls (far left when you facing it ) melted so it was shorting out. Never figured out why it did but went to the junkyard and clipped on off another truck , wired it in and fixed it for free. Just something to check .

Mine did this exact same thing....