Factory Radio Question 2000 3500... Pics Attatched

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TR185

Reaction score
Previous owner had an aftermarket head unit in the truck, I want to put a stock one back in it, but this is all I was left with as far as an antenna goes. Does anyone know where I can buy an adapter or something to make this work?
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Junkyard it. Most likely it's got the one end that fits in that cable to then go into the stereo. If you don't want to hit the yards any car stereo place will have what you need.

TR185

Reaction score
Junkyard it. Most likely it's got the one end that fits in that cable to then go into the stereo. If you don't want to hit the yards any car stereo place will have what you need.
It had me pretty confused because they are both female ends. Not sure what the PO had going on. Lol

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, it can be frustrating trying to figure out what they hell they did in order to undo it and do it properly. I think that's common for later GM vehicles though. Take another one apart at a yard and see what it's got goin on.

TR185

Reaction score
Yeah, it can be frustrating trying to figure out what they hell they did in order to undo it and do it properly. I think that's common for later GM vehicles though. Take another one apart at a yard and see what it's got goin on.
I'll make it to a scrap yard eventually. Not to concerned about it right now. I was just curious about it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also keep in mind the factory antenna lead is 2 pieces. It has a connection at the inside of the fender by a square plastic cover. So you can just get the section that runs from there into the cab up to the radio, and not have to mess with removing the antenna itself from the fender. The connection can often be stuck like glue from oxidation, just take your time and it will come loose.

Richard

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the antenna was clipped onto the a/c duct inside the dash...meaning that removing that existing antenna wire may be tricky without pulling the dash. It may be easier to find a new one and just route it the best you can from the radio to the firewall grommet, leaving the existing one in place and disconnected.

Like Derek said above, you might see if a car audio place can just splice a new end on instead.

It looks like LMC truck sells new antenna cables for around $20.

Last edited: