Eye Candy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll keep you posted, but it’s the pitman arm. On a side note I stripped my steel wheels this past weekend and painted.
You must be registered for see images attach
I've been wanting to do this too. What process did you use? Mine look terrible

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's something I want to do this summer. I'm tired of my rims looking awful and/or mismatched.

I've been wanting to do this too. What process did you use? Mine look terrible
Well I’m gonna be honest 454cid, after posting in another thread about using Easy Off as I had years ago to strip paint, and it worked then, but it did nothing this time(I did use Dollar Store crap though). Anyway, I bought this spray stripper that’s sold at Walmart- Rustoleum Aircraft Stripper, let it set for about 1/2 hour and then with power washer with red tip, I blasted most of it off. Then with wire wheels on a corded drill, this beat the crap out of me over the weekend, I got them to shiny bare metal. I then used Klean Strip Concrete and Metal Prep on them. This etches the metal and is recommended as a metal prep. If any rust was present, it also kills that, turning it black. I then steel wooled them to remove some of the residue. Blasted them with air and wiped liberally with Naptha. 2 light coats of grey primer, 3 light coats of VHT Argent Silver and 2 light coats of Clearcoat. All coats need to be sprayed with 10 minutes in between.

Paul 97 tahoe

Reaction score
That TTX looks way too nice to use!

So the stock adjuster sleeves won’t work with them? Does TTX not sell them?
The Cunningham Machine ones are just stronger then the stock ones. I had bought some other brand of "solid adjusters" too before I found the Cunningham Machine ones which were even nicer.

Paul 97 tahoe

Reaction score
We usually buy the cheapest Rock Auto's Mevotech upper control arm (is the same control arm and bushings as the more expensive one) and has the "bolt-in" ball joint too. Then we just throw way the the cheap ball joint that comes with it, and replace it with the TTX one. P/S Love the eye candy!

Im gone

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do this on mine as well, haven't decided if I will do lower ball joints and new hubs but at least do what you're doing.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Final piece’s arrived(UPS Tracking SUCS).

Yes, I've had a couple packages come through them recently. I hadn't used thier tracking for awhile, and it looks like they want you to sign up for an account to get any detail.

Wow, that sure looks heavy duty.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've had a couple packages come through them recently. I hadn't used thier tracking for awhile, and it looks like they want you to sign up for an account to get any detail.

Wow, that sure looks heavy duty.
I did that and still got nothing. Kept showing tracking for both and unchanged for 5 days. Finally did Live Chat with UPS. It was a real person, not regular chat, she just kept saying to “check the tracking” to which I explained it never updated in 5 days, and why I contacted her. Waste of time, they don’t care. FedEx SUCS too. I think USPS is best, tracking always updated.
Yeah, that idler bracket is a work of art. The finish on it is flawless! Heavy too. The Cognito brackets are made exceptionally well themselves.