Eye Candy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That idler looks to be cast.
“Forged SAE4140 chromoly steel studs are enclosed in forged SAE1045 housings, heat treated for strength and durability” - Proforged
You must be registered for see images attach

They do come in a painted finish.

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
“Forged SAE4140 chromoly steel studs are enclosed in forged SAE1045 housings, heat treated for strength and durability” - Proforged
You must be registered for see images attach

They do come in a painted finish.

That's the pitman arm, pictured. That thick line tells me that it's a forging, but the idler has a thin line that tells my that it is cast.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the pitman arm, pictured. That thick line tells me that it's a forging, but the idler has a thin line that tells my that it is cast.
This is from their website:
“CRAZY STRONG IDLER ARMS. Proforged idler arms are built using some of the toughest steel on the planet. Forged SAE4140 chromoly steel studs are enclosed in forged SAE1045 housings, heat treated for strength and durability, and every fit surface is CNC machined for precision fit and finish”.
I don’t know what you want me to say, yeah sometimes a picture online can look funny. The company calls itself “Proforged”. Not Procast!