Questions about spring eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clayzer

Reaction score
Hey guys, hopefully this is the right place to post this, got into a little accident the other day and dented the passenger bedside of my truck. Thought all was well but a few hours later my dad was driving the truck and heard a loud pop. Got out of the truck and saw that the spring eye broke in half. It’s a 95 K1500. Just wondering of what all it needs to be fixed or if it is worth the hassle. Thanks for any info.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to the salvage yard and buy a used set of springs or buy new from either an online vendor or a local spring shop. As an added bonus you’ll be able to replace your U bolts.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it got hit hard enough to pop the spring, you'd better verify that the wheel isn't bent, the tire doesn't have broken belts, and the axle shaft/axle housing isn't tweaked. In other words, look for collateral damage.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In considering " not fixing it ". What lead you to believe that was a good idea. I'm sure everyone would like to know.
Worst case scenario, a bump, a pothole, RxR track crossing, wide sweeping right turn. Somehow the spring comes away from retaining bolt. What happens? Nothing or your worst nightmare?

clayzer

Reaction score
In considering " not fixing it ". What lead you to believe that was a good idea. I'm sure everyone would like to know.
Worst case scenario, a bump, a pothole, RxR track crossing, wide sweeping right turn. Somehow the spring comes away from retaining bolt. What happens? Nothing or your worst nightmare?
This truck is just a beat-around truck. Drive it one way and back. Dug further into it and where the spring eye broke, it appeared to be rusted like it has been cracked for a while and I guess the lick it took just broke it free.

clayzer

Reaction score
If it got hit hard enough to pop the spring, you'd better verify that the wheel isn't bent, the tire doesn't have broken belts, and the axle shaft/axle housing isn't tweaked. In other words, look for collateral damage.
All appears to be well, truck drives a little crooked down the road now (I guess from it being out of alignment). I'm 21 and don't really have much experience with these trucks