extended cab sub woofer setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never really shopped for (or used) 8"s but there's a few options on Crutchfield to compare. For around the same price as the SoloBarics there's these Focals, which I'm sure sound great but won't go as low down in the frequency range. (39Hz vs 28Hz) According to Focal's website they're 214mm (8.4252in) tall on the front face, so they should work for what you're trying to do.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091SUBP20F/Focal-Performance-Sub-P-20F.html?tp=111

I saw some JL W7s that looked nice too but upon further review it looks like they wouldn't fit. As always don't buy from Crutchfield if you want the cheapest price, just posted for the sake of checking it out.

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started building a sub box / center console for a 12" sub. It would have worked if I didnt have project adhd and changed my mind.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never really shopped for (or used) 8"s but there's a few options on Crutchfield to compare. For around the same price as the SoloBarics there's these Focals, which I'm sure sound great but won't go as low down in the frequency range. (39Hz vs 28Hz) According to Focal's website they're 214mm (8.4252in) tall on the front face, so they should work for what you're trying to do.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_091SUBP20F/Focal-Performance-Sub-P-20F.html?tp=111

I saw some JL W7s that looked nice too but upon further review it looks like they wouldn't fit. As always don't buy from Crutchfield if you want the cheapest price, just posted for the sake of checking it out.

I think I can get the solobarics to fit after some more research. I seen a measurement where it said they were 10.8" tall which I don't think is correct. I couldn't find much else but I ran across some mdf rings for them and the rings height is 10 1/4" with a flush mount ring around them, so im thinking I can make them fit. Im goin to order the rings and play with them to see what I can make work, I think with a little bit of an angle it can be done.

Its probably been 10 years since I played with stereo stuff so I have no idea what is good anymore lol.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I can get the solobarics to fit after some more research. I seen a measurement where it said they were 10.8" tall which I don't think is correct. I couldn't find much else but I ran across some mdf rings for them and the rings height is 10 1/4" with a flush mount ring around them, so im thinking I can make them fit. Im goin to order the rings and play with them to see what I can make work, I think with a little bit of an angle it can be done.

Its probably been 10 years since I played with stereo stuff so I have no idea what is good anymore lol.

Awesome! Yeah I thought 10.8" sounded a little big. Just out of curiosity I looked up the user manual for the L7 8", according to kicker the front face is 8 3/16" tall, cutout size is 7 1/4". Very interested to see how this turns out, keep us updated.

Last edited:

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
used to totally remove the lower seat and remake the shape of the seat with a box under it . subs fired forward. been 20 yrs since I did one.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was on craigslist and ran across these, they are the original square models. Also ordered some trim rings to make a fiberglass box and a set of the grills for them.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do yall think the subs look better angled or straight? If I do them angled I am going to bring the box out in the middle and put a Cadillac emblem in the center. Should be more than enough air space either way. Also the trans tunnel gets wider on the passenger side then it is on the driver side so it makes everything look off.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Either way that's going to be sweet. Personally I think I like them a little better angled in but if airspace is an issue at all then I'd go function over form. Speaking from experience the Solo Barics sound really good in a sealed enclosure pretty close to the max recommended volume, are you going to build sealed or ported?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Either way that's going to be sweet. Personally I think I like them a little better angled in but if airspace is an issue at all then I'd go function over form. Speaking from experience the Solo Barics sound really good in a sealed enclosure pretty close to the max recommended volume, are you going to build sealed or ported?

Sealed, Ported requires more air space then I have to work with. Im going to fiberglass the floor so it follows all the floor contours for maximum air space.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome, that's going to sound great.